Setting up a remote printer

alex

I trying to set up a remote printer to print from my office to a warehouse.
My problem isthat i am using a DSL connection bothat the office and at the
warehouse. the warehouse is accross town and has a different DSL account. I
also notice that both account have a dynamic IP and changes every so often. I
am in urgent need of help because we need to set this up ASAP. Can anyone
please help, I will really appreciate it

Thanks
ALEX

Alex wrote:
> I trying to set up a remote printer to print from my office to a
> warehouse. My problem isthat i am using a DSL connection bothat the
> office and at the warehouse. the warehouse is accross town and has a
> different DSL account. I also notice that both account have a dynamic
> IP and changes every so often. I am in urgent need of help because we
> need to set this up ASAP. Can anyone please help, I will really
> appreciate it

Dynamic public IP?
Using remote desktop to connect to a remote PC? Or you just wanting to
setup the printer to be used remotely?

dyndns.org may help.

--
<- Shenan ->

alex

thanks for replying,

I just want to set up the printer to print remotely

"Shenan Stanley" wrote:

> Alex wrote:
> > I trying to set up a remote printer to print from my office to a
> > warehouse. My problem isthat i am using a DSL connection bothat the
> > office and at the warehouse. the warehouse is accross town and has a
> > different DSL account. I also notice that both account have a dynamic
> > IP and changes every so often. I am in urgent need of help because we
> > need to set this up ASAP. Can anyone please help, I will really
> > appreciate it
>
> Dynamic public IP?
> Using remote desktop to connect to a remote PC? Or you just wanting to
> setup the printer to be used remotely?
>
> dyndns.org may help.
>
> --
> <- Shenan ->

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 22:05:02 -0800, "Alex"
<Alex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I just want to set up the printer to print remotely
A static IP address at the warehouse makes it simpler as once you set
it up, it dos not change.

Is this a PC attached printer or a network attached (printer has it's
own internal/external NIC)?
Do you use a (DSL) router at the warehouse? You might need to
port-forward to the printers IP ( I suggest assign it a static one
above or excluded from the DHCP block)
, _
, | \ MKA: Steve Urbach
, | )erek No JUNK in my email please
, ____|_/ragonsclaw dragonsclawJUNK@JUNKmindspring.com
, / / / Running United Devices "Cure For Cancer" Project 24/7 Have you helped? http://www.grid.org

alex

The printer is attached to a PC and we do have a DSL modem at the warehouse