Setting up a remote printer

I trying to set up a remote printer to print from my office to a warehouse.
My problem isthat i am using a DSL connection bothat the office and at the
warehouse. the warehouse is accross town and has a different DSL account. I
also notice that both account have a dynamic IP and changes every so often. I
am in urgent need of help because we need to set this up ASAP. Can anyone
please help, I will really appreciate it

Thanks
ALEX
4 answers Last reply
More about setting remote printer

    Alex wrote:
    > I trying to set up a remote printer to print from my office to a
    > warehouse. My problem isthat i am using a DSL connection bothat the
    > office and at the warehouse. the warehouse is accross town and has a
    > different DSL account. I also notice that both account have a dynamic
    > IP and changes every so often. I am in urgent need of help because we
    > need to set this up ASAP. Can anyone please help, I will really
    > appreciate it

    Dynamic public IP?
    Using remote desktop to connect to a remote PC? Or you just wanting to
    setup the printer to be used remotely?

    dyndns.org may help.

    --
    <- Shenan ->

    thanks for replying,

    I just want to set up the printer to print remotely

    "Shenan Stanley" wrote:

    > Alex wrote:
    > > I trying to set up a remote printer to print from my office to a
    > > warehouse. My problem isthat i am using a DSL connection bothat the
    > > office and at the warehouse. the warehouse is accross town and has a
    > > different DSL account. I also notice that both account have a dynamic
    > > IP and changes every so often. I am in urgent need of help because we
    > > need to set this up ASAP. Can anyone please help, I will really
    > > appreciate it
    >
    > Dynamic public IP?
    > Using remote desktop to connect to a remote PC? Or you just wanting to
    > setup the printer to be used remotely?
    >
    > dyndns.org may help.
    >
    > --
    > <- Shenan ->

    On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 22:05:02 -0800, "Alex"
    <Alex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >I just want to set up the printer to print remotely
    A static IP address at the warehouse makes it simpler as once you set
    it up, it dos not change.

    Is this a PC attached printer or a network attached (printer has it's
    own internal/external NIC)?
    Do you use a (DSL) router at the warehouse? You might need to
    port-forward to the printers IP ( I suggest assign it a static one
    above or excluded from the DHCP block)
    , _
    , | \ MKA: Steve Urbach
    , | )erek No JUNK in my email please
    , ____|_/ragonsclaw dragonsclawJUNK@JUNKmindspring.com
    , / / / Running United Devices "Cure For Cancer" Project 24/7 Have you helped? http://www.grid.org

    The printer is attached to a PC and we do have a DSL modem at the warehouse

    "Steve Urbach" wrote:

    > On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 22:05:02 -0800, "Alex"
    > <Alex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > >I just want to set up the printer to print remotely
    > A static IP address at the warehouse makes it simpler as once you set
    > it up, it dos not change.
    >
    > Is this a PC attached printer or a network attached (printer has it's
    > own internal/external NIC)?
    > Do you use a (DSL) router at the warehouse? You might need to
    > port-forward to the printers IP ( I suggest assign it a static one
    > above or excluded from the DHCP block)
    > , _
    > , | \ MKA: Steve Urbach
    > , | )erek No JUNK in my email please