Noob Server Admin Question

Hi,

What with the demise of WON (finally went at 1:45 AM Tues GMT), I've
grudgingly upgraded from my beloved 1.5 to 1.6.

New file structure a bit puzzling.

On the whole it's gone OK, AdminMod/Statesme working OK simply by moving my
"old" addons folder to c:\prog files\steam\steam apps\emailaddress\dedicated
server\cstrike folder. and tinkering with server.cfg file.

But I now have no sound fx (i.e. doh/kenny/headshot etc).
Tried copying my "old" sound folder to the same cstrike folder as above
without any luck.
Anyone know where I should put my old sound files?

Also where does me old pldecal.wad file need to go?

Finally, I used to start my server from a desktop shortcut
Target: C:\SIERRA\Half-Life\hlds.exe -game cstrike -port 27015 -noipx
+maxplayers 20+map de_dust +localinfo mm_gamedll
If I try a similar approach with C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam Apps\email
address\dedicated server\hlds.exe, I'm thrown an error message
"hlds.exe-unable to locate Steam.dll etc.."
Any ideas or do you HAVE to start dedicated server from steam console?

Any help would be appreciated or any links to 1.6 admin sites/docs other
than United Admins which explains new file structure etc...

Ta much

Mr. T.

hi i am setting up a server for personal LAN games against my friends
and is wondering were i can find a good site on the basics of setting up
and commands etc. i have looked and looked on official sites and the
likes to no avail.
any help would be great
Phil

Ian

On Wed, 04 Aug 2004 13:25:32 +1000, StuffIT <pstubb@tpg.com.au> wrote:

>hi i am setting up a server for personal LAN games against my friends
>and is wondering were i can find a good site on the basics of setting up
>and commands etc. i have looked and looked on official sites and the
>likes to no avail.
>any help would be great
>Phil

Are you running Steam or 1.5/ Windows or Linux?

Uzi

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2004

Ian <spam@licks.sack> wrote in message
> On Wed, 04 Aug 2004 13:25:32 +1000, StuffIT <pstubb@tpg.com.au> wrote:
>
> >hi i am setting up a server for personal LAN games against my friends
> >and is wondering were i can find a good site on the basics of setting up
> >and commands etc. i have looked and looked on official sites and the
> >likes to no avail.
> >any help would be great
> >Phil
>
> Are you running Steam or 1.5/ Windows or Linux?

You need to put this as a new post.....otherwise it gets confusing.
Is anyone gonna help Mr T. with his specific problems first?

TRENDING THREADS