Problems with Olympus Mju/Stylus 300 Digital

When I turn on my Olympus Mju 300 Digital, the green and orange lights
blink concurrently, together with beeping, even though the battery is
fully charged. As I understand it, this behaviour is supposed to signify
that the battery is empty.

I have measured the battery voltage to be 4.1V, and since it is a 3.7V
battery, it is not empty. In addition, the camera behavious identically
with an external power supply (4.8VDC).

In detail, the green and orange lights blink concurrently about 4 times
a second, with a beep for every two blinks. It stops after about ten
seconds, and happens in the following three situations: when I insert
the battery, when I open the lens cover, and when I press the "Quick
View" button.

Has anybody else had this problem with this camera (or a related model)?

Best regards,
Torquil

How about a defective or non-formatted memory card? does it do this with it
in or out?

"Torquil Macdonald Sørensen" <torquil@frisurf.no> wrote in message
> When I turn on my Olympus Mju 300 Digital, the green and orange lights
> blink concurrently, together with beeping, even though the battery is
> fully charged. As I understand it, this behaviour is supposed to signify
> that the battery is empty.
>
> I have measured the battery voltage to be 4.1V, and since it is a 3.7V
> battery, it is not empty. In addition, the camera behavious identically
> with an external power supply (4.8VDC).
>
> In detail, the green and orange lights blink concurrently about 4 times
> a second, with a beep for every two blinks. It stops after about ten
> seconds, and happens in the following three situations: when I insert
> the battery, when I open the lens cover, and when I press the "Quick
> View" button.
>
> Has anybody else had this problem with this camera (or a related model)?
>
> Best regards,
> Torquil

The memory card is in order, because I have managed to extract all the
pictures it contained with an usb card reader. And the camera behaves
the same with and without the memory card installed.

Thanks,
Torquil

"" wrote:
> The memory card is in order, because I have managed to extract
> all the
> pictures it contained with an usb card reader. And the camera
> behaves
> the same with and without the memory card installed.
>
> Thanks,
> Torquil
>
> John P. Bengi wrote:
> > How about a defective or non-formatted memory card? does it
> do this with it
> > in or out?
> >
> > "Torquil Macdonald Sørensen" <torquil@frisurf.no> wrote in
> message
> >
> >>When I turn on my Olympus Mju 300 Digital, the green and
> orange lights
> >>blink concurrently, together with beeping, even though the
> battery is
> >>fully charged. As I understand it, this behaviour is
> supposed to signify
> >>that the battery is empty.
> >>
> >>I have measured the battery voltage to be 4.1V, and since it
> is a 3.7V
> >>battery, it is not empty. In addition, the camera behavious
> identically
> >>with an external power supply (4.8VDC).
> >>
> >>In detail, the green and orange lights blink concurrently
> about 4 times
> >>a second, with a beep for every two blinks. It stops after
> about ten
> >>seconds, and happens in the following three situations: when
> I insert
> >>the battery, when I open the lens cover, and when I press
> the "Quick
> >>View" button.
> >>
> >>Has anybody else had this problem with this camera (or a
> related model)?
> >>
> >>Best regards,
> >>Torquil

Hi All,

I’m also facing the same problem. The blinking light problem started
after i downloaded all my pics into the PC. Even worse, my zoom len is
not able to go back to the original position and i couldn’t close the
slide of my digicam. Please help!!!! What would be the problem? Is it
due to no current is being detected by the digicam? All these problem
started last weekend for the first time.

Would appreciate your help.

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Digital-Cameras-Problems-Olympus-Mju-Stylus-300-ftopict59562.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=313813

Rofel

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2006
Hi,

I have the same problem with mine. I took the battery out to charge it and it has not worked since. The battery appears to be fine, I have discharged and recharged it and i get the same problem with a DC supply.

I have tried several memory cards no difference.

Can anyone suggest a solution to this probelm apart from bining the camera, it used to take good pictures.

Rofel

dzatara

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2006
Hi there,

I have the same problem with the same camera. I sent it for repairing but they still cannot find the problem and told me that this is due a firmware failure. When they checked it everything inside the camera was fine, there wasn't any damaged parts. I thought that I broked it becose I took a pictures at -3C degrees and then bring it to 25C degrees.
If anybody knows how to reprogram the firmware flash memory on this camera if it's posible?

Hey,
Ive had a different problem and although I know how it broke I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to fix it.
I have had the camera for about 4 months and have used it a lot. The first time I used it underwater though was just today.
The camera worked beautifully then but afterwards the camera works but the LCD screen doesnt. It still takes pictures but you cant see them (the flash works when the button is pushed).
Now I think some water still leaked in. The guidelines say only to replace the waterproof lining after 1 year!!!

Is there any way you know to fix this problem quickly? (I will get it fixed properly when home).

Thank you,
Bambeh87