Is UltraVNC communication crypted?

Archived from groups: comp.security.ssh,comp.os.ms-windows.networking.misc,microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely,microsoft.public.win2000.networking,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

I saw no comments in UltraVNC docs wether the communication between client and server is crypted or not.
If yes, with which key and which algorithm is the traffic crypted?

Mike

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web,microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

http://home.comcast.net/%7Emsrc4plugin/

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"Mike Kleiber" <mkleib@email.com> wrote in message news:d02hbb$ot3$01$1@news.t-online.com...
>I saw no comments in UltraVNC docs wether the communication between client and server is crypted or
>not.
> If yes, with which key and which algorithm is the traffic crypted?
>
> Mike

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web,microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

Hi
When you install UltraVNC, as is it the remote session is NOT Protected you
have to add the Encryption Plug-In as mentioned in Al's post above.
Or:
http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/RemoteDesktop/SSH-RDP-VNC/RemoteDeskto
pVNCandSSH.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).

Jack (MVP) wrote:
> Hi
> When you install UltraVNC, as is it the remote session is NOT
> Protected you have to add the Encryption Plug-In as mentioned in Al's
> post above.
> Or:

http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/RemoteDesktop/SSH-RDP-VNC/RemoteDeskto
> pVNCandSSH.html
> Jack (MVP-Networking).

I still wanna know how you crypt something. Do you have to wait til it's
entirely dead first?

> "Sooner Al [MVP]" <SoonerAl@somewhere.net.invalid> wrote in message
>> http://home.comcast.net/%7Emsrc4plugin/
>>
>> --
>> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)
>>
>> Please post *ALL* questions and replies to the news group for the
>> mutual benefit of all of us... The MS-MVP Program -
>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>> rights...
>>
>> "Mike Kleiber" <mkleib@email.com> wrote in message
>>> I saw no comments in UltraVNC docs wether the communication between
> client and server is crypted or
>>> not.
>>> If yes, with which key and which algorithm is the traffic crypted?
>>>
>>> Mike

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web,microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

The term is "en-crypt" - that is, to travel on or with a crypt. Dead would
make for a boring travel partner.

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> Jack (MVP) wrote:
>> Hi
>> When you install UltraVNC, as is it the remote session is NOT
>> Protected you have to add the Encryption Plug-In as mentioned in Al's
>> post above.
>> Or:
>>
> http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/RemoteDesktop/SSH-RDP-VNC/RemoteDeskto
>> pVNCandSSH.html
>> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>
> I still wanna know how you crypt something. Do you have to wait til it's
> entirely dead first?
>>

>> "Sooner Al [MVP]" <SoonerAl@somewhere.net.invalid> wrote in message
>>> http://home.comcast.net/%7Emsrc4plugin/
>>>
>>> --
>>> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)
>>>
>>> Please post *ALL* questions and replies to the news group for the
>>> mutual benefit of all of us... The MS-MVP Program -
>>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>>> rights...
>>>
>>> "Mike Kleiber" <mkleib@email.com> wrote in message
>> client and server is crypted or

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web,microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

Wasn't the "Mummy" de-crypted? At least I though so as a kid when I saw the movie...

--

> The term is "en-crypt" - that is, to travel on or with a crypt. Dead would make for a boring
> travel partner.

> * for the benefit of all. Private mail is usually not replied to.
> * My website, such as it is ... http://rgharper.mvps.org/
>

> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote in
> message news:uw12nl7HFHA.2456@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> Jack (MVP) wrote:
>>> Hi
>>> When you install UltraVNC, as is it the remote session is NOT
>>> Protected you have to add the Encryption Plug-In as mentioned in Al's
>>> post above.
>>> Or:
>>>
>> http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/RemoteDesktop/SSH-RDP-VNC/RemoteDeskto
>>> pVNCandSSH.html
>>> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>>
>> I still wanna know how you crypt something. Do you have to wait til it's
>> entirely dead first?
>>>

>>> "Sooner Al [MVP]" <SoonerAl@somewhere.net.invalid> wrote in message

>>> client and server is crypted or

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web,microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

Well, yeah; but that's a different term.

Like de-bark. To end a trip.
So yeah, it fits.

Richard G. Harper wrote:
> The term is "en-crypt" - that is, to travel on or with a crypt. Dead
> would make for a boring travel partner.

Ah. So it's like "en suite" or "en masse", then? I don't really speak
French.

> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> message news:uw12nl7HFHA.2456@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> Jack (MVP) wrote:
>>> Hi
>>> When you install UltraVNC, as is it the remote session is NOT
>>> Protected you have to add the Encryption Plug-In as mentioned in
>>> Al's post above.
>>> Or:

http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/RemoteDesktop/SSH-RDP-VNC/RemoteDeskto
>>> pVNCandSSH.html
>>> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>>
>> I still wanna know how you crypt something. Do you have to wait til
>> it's entirely dead first?
>>>

>>> "Sooner Al [MVP]" <SoonerAl@somewhere.net.invalid> wrote in message

>>> client and server is crypted or

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web,microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

That's the basic point. I don't speak much French either - after three
years of Spanish I tried taking it but I was confusing all the other
students by speaking French with a Spanish accent. So I took shorthand
instead. Turns out with my penmanship that was another mistake ... but that
tale is probably for another forum. ;-)

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"