Pinnacle Edition 5 + NEC 3520A D/L Writer

Pinnacle Edition 5 doesn't detect my new NEC DVD-RW 3520A D/L writer but
still sees my old Pioneer 104 ok. Has anyone come across this problem? Is
there a patch or update for Edition 5 ?

Rich P wrote:

> Pinnacle Edition 5 doesn't detect my new NEC DVD-RW 3520A D/L writer but
> still sees my old Pioneer 104 ok. Has anyone come across this problem? Is
> there a patch or update for Edition 5 ?

I had the same problem when I installed a new Samsung 16x DL burner.
Edition recognized my Opter fine. So, I went on the "quest" of searching
through the Pinnalce website and forums. This is what I came up with
that worked for me. And, you will have to edit your registry.

Try this first.
http://tinyurl.com/4gnoo

If not, this link http://tinyurl.com/4ofgw and then use the one above.
That is what I did. I regedit, ran the CDDVD drive check and then ran
the CD/DVD Recorder Update and all was well.