Canon S2 IS question

Archived from groups: alt.comp.devices.digital-cameras,alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

I'm on the fence btwn the Canon and a Panasonic FZ5. From all the reading
I've been doing, it seems like the Pany is a bit faster focusing and shot to
shot. I'm leaning heavily toward the Canon, but can't make a final decision.
I've had the Canon in my hands, I like the feel of it. I haven't been able
to see a Panasonic. (NW Montana isn't a hotbed of high end cameras) :-)

To the S2 owners mainly, is this much of an issue in your experience? Is it
a case of my reading to much, and worrying about tiny inconsequntial things?
I want to take fast moving pictures, *sometime*, but that's not my main
focus, so to speak.

I wonder, is the S2 "not the fastest, but fast enough?"

--
Joe Fisher
Teacher, K-8

    Joe Fisher wrote:
    > I'm on the fence btwn the Canon and a Panasonic FZ5. From all the
    > reading I've been doing, it seems like the Pany is a bit faster
    > focusing and shot to shot. I'm leaning heavily toward the Canon, but
    > can't make a final decision. I've had the Canon in my hands, I like
    > the feel of it. I haven't been able to see a Panasonic. (NW Montana
    > isn't a hotbed of high end cameras) :-)
    > To the S2 owners mainly, is this much of an issue in your experience?
    > Is it a case of my reading to much, and worrying about tiny
    > inconsequntial things? I want to take fast moving pictures,
    > *sometime*, but that's not my main focus, so to speak.
    >
    > I wonder, is the S2 "not the fastest, but fast enough?"

    Did you read some of reviews ? I think dbpreview.com offers some sort of
    comparative test. I love my S2...
    I did see Panasonic, didn't hold it or shoot with it, but to first sight
    pana looks "ancient"...oldish...
    BTW i just bought lenses, so look some test shots - link on other thread.

    I finally was able to look at/hold a Panasonic. I like the Canon way better.
    Thanks for the reply!

    Joe
    "SleeperMan" <SleeperMan@too.sleepy> wrote in message
    > Joe Fisher wrote:
    >> I'm on the fence btwn the Canon and a Panasonic FZ5. From all the
    >> reading I've been doing, it seems like the Pany is a bit faster
    >> focusing and shot to shot. I'm leaning heavily toward the Canon, but
    >> can't make a final decision. I've had the Canon in my hands, I like
    >> the feel of it. I haven't been able to see a Panasonic. (NW Montana
    >> isn't a hotbed of high end cameras) :-)
    >> To the S2 owners mainly, is this much of an issue in your experience?
    >> Is it a case of my reading to much, and worrying about tiny
    >> inconsequntial things? I want to take fast moving pictures,
    >> *sometime*, but that's not my main focus, so to speak.
    >>
    >> I wonder, is the S2 "not the fastest, but fast enough?"
    >
    > Did you read some of reviews ? I think dbpreview.com offers some sort of
    > comparative test. I love my S2...
    > I did see Panasonic, didn't hold it or shoot with it, but to first sight
    > pana looks "ancient"...oldish...
    > BTW i just bought lenses, so look some test shots - link on other thread.

Cameras Canon Panasonic Peripherals