Canon S2 IS question

Archived from groups: alt.comp.devices.digital-cameras,alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

I'm on the fence btwn the Canon and a Panasonic FZ5. From all the reading
I've been doing, it seems like the Pany is a bit faster focusing and shot to
shot. I'm leaning heavily toward the Canon, but can't make a final decision.
I've had the Canon in my hands, I like the feel of it. I haven't been able
to see a Panasonic. (NW Montana isn't a hotbed of high end cameras) :)

To the S2 owners mainly, is this much of an issue in your experience? Is it
a case of my reading to much, and worrying about tiny inconsequntial things?
I want to take fast moving pictures, *sometime*, but that's not my main
focus, so to speak.

I wonder, is the S2 "not the fastest, but fast enough?"

--
Joe Fisher
Teacher, K-8

Joe Fisher wrote:
> I'm on the fence btwn the Canon and a Panasonic FZ5. From all the
> reading I've been doing, it seems like the Pany is a bit faster
> focusing and shot to shot. I'm leaning heavily toward the Canon, but
> can't make a final decision. I've had the Canon in my hands, I like
> the feel of it. I haven't been able to see a Panasonic. (NW Montana
> isn't a hotbed of high end cameras) :)
> To the S2 owners mainly, is this much of an issue in your experience?
> Is it a case of my reading to much, and worrying about tiny
> inconsequntial things? I want to take fast moving pictures,
> *sometime*, but that's not my main focus, so to speak.
>
> I wonder, is the S2 "not the fastest, but fast enough?"

Did you read some of reviews ? I think dbpreview.com offers some sort of
comparative test. I love my S2...
I did see Panasonic, didn't hold it or shoot with it, but to first sight
pana looks "ancient"...oldish...
BTW i just bought lenses, so look some test shots - link on other thread.

I finally was able to look at/hold a Panasonic. I like the Canon way better.
Thanks for the reply!

Joe