Coverting MIDI to WAVE or MP3 for project

I've been given some good MIDI files that could be used in a project but I
need to convert them to WAVE or MP3 before I use them. Is there any good
conversion software, preferably without lots of popups etc.?

--
Thanks in advance

peter

Don't know good or not, but check this thread:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.music.midi/browse_thread/thread/abffdf47d558fce2/574def46c91038d9
The software mentioned are Timidity, Synthfont, and Nero v5+ wave editor

"Videot" <videot@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> I've been given some good MIDI files that could be used in a project but I
> need to convert them to WAVE or MP3 before I use them. Is there any good
> conversion software, preferably without lots of popups etc.?
>
> --
> Thanks in advance

try "easy cd ripper".

I do not have a current website for it.

marks542004 wrote ...
>> try "easy cd ripper".
>
> I do not have a current website for it.

Search on www.google.com

the quality of converting MIDI to WAV is totally dependent on the sound
samples you sound card have stored for the midi mapped. Roland make a
software sound canvas that will convert with no problem and has an excellent
set of sounds. so pop on there website there may be a demo for it you could
use.

If your still having problems email me.
> marks542004 wrote ...
>>> try "easy cd ripper".
>>
>> I do not have a current website for it.
>
> Search on www.google.com

the quality of converting MIDI to WAV is totally dependent on the sound
samples you sound card have stored for the midi mapped. Roland make a
software sound canvas that will convert with no problem and has an excellent
set of sounds. so pop on there website there may be a demo for it you could
use.

If your still having problems email me.
"Videot" <videot@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> I've been given some good MIDI files that could be used in a project but I
> need to convert them to WAVE or MP3 before I use them. Is there any good
> conversion software, preferably without lots of popups etc.?
>
> --
> Thanks in advance

It seems that I already had a converter on my machine but didn't know it. I
have been using Apple's iTunes for windows for quite some time now. It's
not immediately apparent but this program can convert midi's to both MP3's
or wave files.

Thanks for the help anyway.

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 08:28:09 +0800, "Videot" <videot@optusnet.com.au>
wrote:

>It seems that I already had a converter on my machine but didn't know it. I
>have been using Apple's iTunes for windows for quite some time now. It's
>not immediately apparent but this program can convert midi's to both MP3's
>or wave files.
>
>Thanks for the help anyway.

Apple's Quicktime player (which I believe is included in iTunes)
includes MIDI, so that should work fine.

If the music sound quality isn't as good as that of your computer's
own MIDI synth (on the sound card), or you'd like it to be better,
there are alternatives. But Apple's synth isn't bad sounding.