Which DVD Recorder Looks Best?

I need a stand alone DVD recorder to copy from DV tape. The Toshiba
RD-XS52 specs look good. It has a 160GB drive and records to DVD-R which
is all I need. My question for the group is - do the Panasonic and Sony
and Toshiba recorders make DVDs that look equally good? Do they all work
well without generating too many coasters?

Please respond to group because the address header is fake to stop spam.

Kaboom

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 04:05:48 GMT, Heinreich Heiligestrassen
<HHeiligestrassen@twdallas.rr.com> wrote:

>I need a stand alone DVD recorder to copy from DV tape. The Toshiba
>RD-XS52 specs look good. It has a 160GB drive and records to DVD-R which
>is all I need. My question for the group is - do the Panasonic and Sony
>and Toshiba recorders make DVDs that look equally good? Do they all work
>well without generating too many coasters?

**I have a Panasonic e85 and it makes fantastic copies in XP (1hr) and
SP (2hr), I've also used FR (variable) for programs that were over an
hour but less than 2. I've burnt about 50 discs with no problems due
to the machine. It did reject two discs at the beginning of a burn
because of the media (TDK-R 8x made in Taiwan). However, you might
want a recorder that supports firewire (IEEE-1394) if you are going to
record from a DV tape. The Panasonic doesn't have that.

kaboomie