Timeshifting Recording without TIVO

I am interested in recording options with a cable box. Am looking for a
non pc way of recording missed programs to view at a later time.
Do not want to have the added expense of a subscription service such as
TIVO.
Any recording device recommendations that can automatically record
missed programming automatically???
Thanks for your help

On 13 Mar 2005 05:35:43 -0800, mouln@yahoo.com wrote:

>I am interested in recording options with a cable box. Am looking for a
>non pc way of recording missed programs to view at a later time.
>Do not want to have the added expense of a subscription service such as
>TIVO.
>Any recording device recommendations that can automatically record
>missed programming automatically???
>Thanks for your help

You don't want to do it via PC and you don't want to buy a
Tivo. I'm afraid your only alternative is to buy a VCR or DVD
recorder and program it to record your shows every week.

Neil Nadelman arvy@navzr-genafyngbe.pbz (ROT13)
I have no fears in life,
for I have already survived Theta-G!