I have established a VPN connection trhough SISCO VPN Router to my Remote
Server 2000 at Work. I do Login to my remote domain and run My application
installed on my Local PC , but uses the database on the Remote Server. My
problem is that the connection is too slow. I have 2Meg VPN ADSL Line with
0.5k Upload. When I connect through PCAnywhere to another PC remotly ,The
application run fast. But if I login to the remote domain and run the
application localy on ma PC it is very slow. is there any way to speed up
the application using the login option, I want to connect more than on PC at
a time to My remote Server.

thank you
asslan@bezeqint.net

Khalil Asslan wrote:
> I have established a VPN connection trhough SISCO VPN Router to my
> Remote Server 2000 at Work. I do Login to my remote domain and run My
> application installed on my Local PC , but uses the database on the
> Remote Server. My problem is that the connection is too slow. I
> have 2Meg VPN ADSL Line with
> 0.5k Upload. When I connect through PCAnywhere to another PC remotly
> ,The application run fast. But if I login to the remote domain and
> run the application localy on ma PC it is very slow. is there any way
> to speed up the application using the login option, I want to connect
> more than on PC at a time to My remote Server.
>
> thank you
> asslan@bezeqint.net

You're always going to have a tough time running a database app that way
(client on your local PC, database on remote network). I suggest that in the
office you use WinXP Pro with Remote Desktop - once you have the VPN
established, use the remote desktop client to open up a session on the XP
Pro computer in the office and run it that way.

VPN is a great thing but has its limitations and I would never recommend
using only that connection to run an app as you're trying to do. If you use
RD, even if your connection to the remote network drops, you won't lose
data/experience data corruption/etc - you can just reconnect to the XP
remote desktop session and continue working.