Remote Assistance

I would greatly appreciate your expert opinions.

I have an 86 year old friend with Win XP Home and I an trying to come up
with the easiest way of using Remote Assistance to help him.

I was showing him how to send a Remote request via email when I noticed an
option to save the request. I did that ,and then emailed the request to
myself as an attachment.

When I got home I clicked the request and a Remote window opened.
Unfortunately, it didn't connect . I believe that was because the 1 hour
time limit we'd set had expired.

I believe it possible to extend the request up to 99 days (??) and my
thinking is that renewing it 4 times a year isn't a problem if my basic idea
is sound.
Is this a viable way to handle the situation ? I'm running XP Pro and he's
got XP Home.

Many thanks to all responders

Reply to message from "Barney Rubble" <nowhere@nothing.com> (Fri, 04 Mar 2005 19:40:02)
about "Remote Assistance":

> I would greatly appreciate your expert opinions.

> I have an 86 year old friend with Win XP Home and I an trying to come up with the
> easiest way of using Remote Assistance to help him.

> I was showing him how to send a Remote request via email when I noticed an option to
> save the request. I did that , and then emailed the request to myself as an attachment.

> When I got home I clicked the request and a Remote window opened. Unfortunately, it
> didn't connect . I believe that was because the 1 hour time limit we'd set had expired.

> I believe it possible to extend the request up to 99 days (??) and my thinking is that
> renewing it 4 times a year isn't a problem if my basic idea is sound. Is this a viable
> way to handle the situation ? I'm running XP Pro and he's got XP Home.

> Many thanks to all responders

This page has some information that will help setting that up...

http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/RemoteAssistance/RemoteAssistance.html

------
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

=== Posted with Qusnetsoft NewsReader 3.1 for the PocketPC