VirtualDub & "No Audio decompressor.." error

I have a divx video file with an MP2 audio. I am trying to convert the
audio channel from MP2 to MP3. VirtualDub gives an error "No audio
decompressor could be found to decompress the source audio format".
GSpot claims that my computer has 4 audio decoders that can handle MP2.

Why isn't VirtualDub able to use one of them? Also how I can tell
VirtualDub to use one and specify which? I can't find this optin under the
audio menu.

--

John Dalberg

John Dalberg wrote:

> I have a divx video file with an MP2 audio. I am trying to convert the
> audio channel from MP2 to MP3. VirtualDub gives an error "No audio
> decompressor could be found to decompress the source audio format".
> GSpot claims that my computer has 4 audio decoders that can handle MP2.

Those are probably all directshow decoders.

Just use Besweet or something else to conver your audio.

Wilbert