The local policy of this system does not permit you to log..

March 6, 2005 8:34:34 PM

I am testing Remote Desktop on my LAN before I try a real remote connection.
I have two computers running XP Pro SP2. I have enabled Remote Desktop on
one of them. When I go to the other and attempt a connection, I get
connected and it asked for a password, but as soon as I enter the password
and click OK, I get "The local policy of this system does not permit you to
logon interactively"

Is there some type of policy settings that I have to change for Remote
Desktop to work? Can it have something to do with the firewall features of
my router?

Any suggestions would be apprecated....Thanks!

--
Dom Cassone
Anonymous

Hi,
Dom Cassone wrote:
> I am testing Remote Desktop on my LAN before I try a real remote
> connection. I have two computers running XP Pro SP2. I have enabled
> Remote Desktop on one of them. When I go to the other and attempt a
> connection, I get connected and it asked for a password, but as soon
> as I enter the password and click OK, I get "The local policy of this
> system does not permit you to logon interactively"
>
> Is there some type of policy settings that I have to change for Remote
> Desktop to work? Can it have something to do with the firewall
> features of my router?
>
> Any suggestions would be apprecated....Thanks!

As you can see the logon screen and enter your credentials everything
with the connection is fine.
On Windows XP users who want to connect remotely must be members of
the local group "Remote Desktop Users" except Administrators which are
granted that
right by default.

Check if your account is in that group or has enough rights. Try the same
procedure with
an administrative account and look what happens.

If also the administrator cannot connect vie Remote Desktop take a look at
your local policy
with gpedit.msc or if you are in a domain, ask your domain administrator.

Greets

Peter M.
Anonymous
March 7, 2005 11:43:54 AM

You have a WEB link to connect / remote PC's with 98, ME and/or XP?
Or a tip or web site with help files?

Regards, Gary 'Doc' Adams in Louisiana

CTLouisiana @ msn comREMOVE
http://computerteachers.digital-mall-online.com/
~ Read to Learn - Write to Think ~

"Dom Cassone" <dcassone@zacaw.com> wrote in message
> I am testing Remote Desktop on my LAN before I try a real remote
connection.
> I have two computers running XP Pro SP2. I have enabled Remote Desktop on
> one of them. When I go to the other and attempt a connection, I get
> connected and it asked for a password, but as soon as I enter the password
> and click OK, I get "The local policy of this system does not permit you
> logon interactively"
>
> Is there some type of policy settings that I have to change for Remote
> Desktop to work? Can it have something to do with the firewall features of
> my router?
>
> Any suggestions would be apprecated....Thanks!
>
> --
> Dom Cassone

Anonymous
March 7, 2005 11:55:26 AM

Thanks Peter M.

There was nothing in the "Allow Login through Terminal Services" policy. Put
in the Administors group and it connected like a charm!

Regards,
Dom

"P M" <geschwindigkeitsmessung-at-bullen-punkt-de@bullen.de> wrote in
message news:o xqV$fuIFHA.3788@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...