Remote Desktop and an Evil Router

Hello folks. I have two PCs hooked up to my router. I can remote use remote
Desktop between the two. But when I'm on Campus I can not access either of
them. Neither the public nor the private IP address allows it. Is there a
special way i have to type in the IP addies when trying to connect from an
outside source? Oh and when i disconnect the router and just sit with the
modem on my primary PC i can connect Via Public IP. Anyone know Where im
going wrong? What i need to do?

Thanks

TFredrickson wrote:
> Hello folks. I have two PCs hooked up to my router. I can remote
> use remote Desktop between the two. But when I'm on Campus I can not
> access either of them. Neither the public nor the private IP address
> allows it. Is there a special way i have to type in the IP addies
> when trying to connect from an outside source? Oh and when i
> disconnect the router and just sit with the modem on my primary PC i
> can connect Via Public IP. Anyone know Where im going wrong? What i
> need to do?

Forwarded the appropriate ports using the router?

--
<- Shenan ->

Yes my router companies tech support helped me with that. But i have another
question for the Experts out there. I have a friend helping me to test
remote Desktop And whenever i log off my computer (leave it running at log in
screen) She can not remotely access it... She has No problem accessing it
while i have a windows Session open. Anyone know how to correct this or if
its supose to be this way? Thanks

TFredrickson <TFredrickson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I have a friend helping
> me to test remote Desktop And whenever i log off my computer (leave
> it running at log in screen) She can not remotely access it... She
> has No problem accessing it while i have a windows Session open.
> Anyone know how to correct this or if its supose to be this way?

Try updating your video drivers.

--
Robin Walker [MVP Networking]
rdhw@cam.ac.uk