adobe premier avi import produces black border

I'm trying to use Camtasia Recorder and adobe premier pro 1.5 together but
having a problem. I make a full screen capture recording with camtasia and
it works as a full screen on playback. It also works as a full screen when
played back in Windows Media Player. But if I import the camtasia avi into
adobe premier pro it appears with a thick black border around the outside -
as if the avi has been shrunk in size. I know that one solution is to
inflate the playback size in adobe so it fills the image area again but I'd
rather just solve this so it imports properly in the first place. I don't
understand why the avi always appears size-reduced once it imports into
adobe, despite the fact that I've tried many different combinations/sizes
when exporting the avi from camtasia. Thanks for any help.

make sure your Premiere project settings are the same size or at leat the
same aspect as your source footage.