can you use with host computer having XP Home?

I have Windows XP Home edition and want to use remote desktop from my work
computer to access my home computer (the host computer). Is this possible?
All of the documentation indicates the host must be on XP Pro. Is this true?

- KH

KH wrote:
> I have Windows XP Home edition and want to use remote desktop from my
> work computer to access my home computer (the host computer). Is
> this possible? All of the documentation indicates the host must be on
> XP Pro. Is this true?

Windows XP Home cannot be the host for Remote Desktop.. Remote Assistance -
yes.

I suggest UltraVNC ( http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/ )

--
<- Shenan ->

In addition you might want to consider running UltraVNC through a SSH tunnel for added security,
etc...

http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/RemoteDesktop/SSH-RDP-VNC/RemoteDesktopVNCandSSH.html

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)