newbie, help needed, can I use same recording software to ..

Tags:
  • Tuner Cards
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
March 16, 2005 10:16:57 PM

re:newbie, help needed, can I use same recording software to copy DVD?

I have a Sony Vaio desktop with Windows XP.

While there was a movie on my regular TV I was able to capture it and
burn on my DVD burner drive.
The way I did it, I just connected my TV cable antenna to the available
input on my VAIO computer.
Later I was able to play this just created DVD on my regular DVD
player. Regular , I mean , the one that has nothing to do with my
computer and is just connected to my regular TV set.

Now, I have to figure out, how to do a similar thing, except, instead
of connecting my cable antenna, I want to capture movie being played on
my regular DVD player.
Regular , I mean , the one that has nothing to do with my computer and
is just connected to my regular TV set.

More about : newbie needed recording software

March 17, 2005 8:44:32 AM

"Mark" <tentimes5@hotmail.com> wrote in news:1111029417.761712.205020
@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

> Now, I have to figure out, how to do a similar thing, except, instead
> of connecting my cable antenna, I want to capture movie being played on
> my regular DVD player.
> Regular , I mean , the one that has nothing to do with my computer and
> is just connected to my regular TV set.

Sounds like you're trying to find a way around the copy protection on your
DVD, but that's none of my business. Assuming that the input/output
configuration between your DVD player, TV and computer hasn't changed, why
don't you try the same process you used when you captured the movie off of
regular TV?
March 17, 2005 2:47:22 PM

Because when I was doing recording I was in a TV mode.
The software that was doing the recording, I do not remember exactly
the name, I beleive it was something like Pocket TV.
This software already assumes you are in TV mode and I beleive capture
signal somehow from TV cable connecting my computer to Cable box.

If I play DVD on my regular DVD player, I do not think the same
software will intercept it.
At least because the regular DVD player is not connected.
Also, the same DVD I can play right on computer, why do I have then to
go thru all the hassle of connecting regular DVD player to my computer?
March 20, 2005 9:59:03 PM

"Mark" <tentimes5@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> re:newbie, help needed, can I use same recording software to copy DVD?
>
> I have a Sony Vaio desktop with Windows XP.
>
> While there was a movie on my regular TV I was able to capture it and
> burn on my DVD burner drive.
> The way I did it, I just connected my TV cable antenna to the available
> input on my VAIO computer.
> Later I was able to play this just created DVD on my regular DVD
> player. Regular , I mean , the one that has nothing to do with my
> computer and is just connected to my regular TV set.
>
> Now, I have to figure out, how to do a similar thing, except, instead
> of connecting my cable antenna, I want to capture movie being played on
> my regular DVD player.

Some Sony Vaios have S-Video and Composite Video/Audio inputs.
My Vaio RS-720G has these inputs on the front and rear.
Try hooking up your DVD player's output to the Video1 (rear) or Video2
(front) source of the Vaio.
Sony Giga Pocket Recorder software can record from the Video1 or Video2
source to harddisk.
Anonymous
March 20, 2005 10:17:41 PM

> Also, the same DVD I can play right on computer, why do I have then to
> go thru all the hassle of connecting regular DVD player to my computer?

You don't have to connect your DVD player to your computer.
Be sure to observe all applicable copyright laws.
Then see www.dvddecrypter.com and www.dvdshrink.org to do what you want to.
!