Removing from the end of AVI

Greet.
To make a video file fit on one CD, I have to remove the last few minutes
from the end of the video. Is there any way to do this without having to
re-encode the whole file? Also, for some reason virtualdub does not work
properly, when I open the AVI with it, it always shows the first frame,
regardless of the position.
Any help appreciated.

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

If it is an avi such as Xvid or DivX; you could try overburning the file
onto a CD and lose the last few seconds or minutes that way. It may or may
not then play on a DivX DVD player such as the Philips 642.
If the file is mpeg, TMPGenc has a trimmer in its MPG tools section. Some
have audio sync problems using this.
There are numerous versions of Virtual Dub out there so try an older version
or one of the modified versions such as Nandub.
www.digital-digest.com
www.videohelp.com
Some good sites with the free tools and guides.
UB

"loquak" <liam_parc@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Greet.
> To make a video file fit on one CD, I have to remove the last few minutes
> from the end of the video. Is there any way to do this without having to
> re-encode the whole file? Also, for some reason virtualdub does not work
> properly, when I open the AVI with it, it always shows the first frame,
> regardless of the position.
> Any help appreciated.

TRENDING THREADS