Taking pictures at night with a canon powerShot S30

I would like to take pictures of bicycle riders at night. They will
have a mounted head light and flashers and be moving 15 to 18 mph
How can I take pictures of them and get more then the glare of ther
lights?

Forgive my poor attempt at humour, but you could get close and use
flash, and then be ready for the exciting crash that then occurs as
they are blinded.... \O:

But more seriously, all you can do is dial the camera into it's highest
ISO setting, and try to catch them when they are reasonably well lit..
This is not really within the capabilities of a point and shoot, in
fact it will be very difficult on *any* camera, unless you are just
after interesting blurred effects, or are into experimental stuff like
using infrared lighting and 'nightshot' type cameras...

Can you find many shots like this on the Internet, or in fact anywhere?
That should tell you something.. There's some 'good' examples of the
sort of results you can expect here:

http://www.blayleys.com/diary/entries/2003/rogues.htm

(sorry about that, but when I saw it I couldn't resist!!)