Win XP Pro Remote Assistant

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

When I try to connect using Remote assistant I get the error( Remote
Assistance Connection could not be established because the remote host name
could not be resolved. Please try again.) Could someone please help.

Thank you

Bob wrote:
> When I try to connect using Remote assistant I get the error( Remote
> Assistance Connection could not be established because the remote
> host name could not be resolved. Please try again.) Could someone
> please help.

Try to connect to whom?
How are you and how are they connected to the Internet?
Is your firewall properly configured to allow such traffic?
If you have a router, is it properly configured to allow/pass such traffic?

--
<- Shenan ->

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

we are both connected to a cable modem and we both have win firewall turned
on. I believe the firewall is configured properly with no exceptions not
checked under the general tab. I do have remote assistant checked under
exceptions tab. We both are on a router and I don't know if the router is
configured properly. We both have the lynksys router.

Thank you

Bob wrote:
> we are both connected to a cable modem and we both have win firewall
> turned on. I believe the firewall is configured properly with no
> exceptions not checked under the general tab. I do have remote
> assistant checked under exceptions tab. We both are on a router and I
> don't know if the router is configured properly. We both have the
> lynksys router.

hehe
"the linksys router" is hard to comprehend. They have several models, some
older that are less configurable than the newer.

For some help:

<- Shenan ->