Using Windows VPN client

I've setup a VPN connection to a remote server and can connect fine. But
here's the stupid question, now what do I do? How do I view the remote
computer and browse that network? Thanks for help.

coffeedogz wrote:
> I've setup a VPN connection to a remote server and can connect fine.
> But here's the stupid question, now what do I do? How do I view the
> remote computer and browse that network? Thanks for help.

VPN just gives you a "tunnel" into a private network.
After that, you have to either know where you are going on the other side,
or have your computer setup (hosts file, wins server settings, DNS server
settings) to help you navigate.

In other words, you establish your VPN connection to your work - do you have
a dns connection to your work DNS server (or WINS) and/or do you have your
work PCs listed in a hosts file for name recognition? OR do you simply know
the PRIVATE IPs of the machines you wish to connect to?

--
<- Shenan ->