Connecting through a router

Hi - I am trying to set up remote and I have a netgear router. I have set up
VPN in the router - however - I am still having problems and not getting much
further than this. Can anyone help me (a computer novice) set this up.
Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about connecting router

    You have to setup port forwarding on the router. The port for remote
    desktop is 3389. Just setup the router so that anything coming in on that
    port is directed to your ip address.

    "Tercia" <Tercia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi - I am trying to set up remote and I have a netgear router. I have set
    > up
    > VPN in the router - however - I am still having problems and not getting
    > much
    > further than this. Can anyone help me (a computer novice) set this up.
    > Thanks

    Remote Desktop - if that's to what you refer - is not the same as VPN. In
    fact, in a way it's the opposite.

    Forward port 3389 on your Router to the IP# of your RDP host....

    --
    "How hard can it be?"

Routers Microsoft Windows XP