Remote Destop

One thing I haven't seen on the site yet is step by step instructions on how
to set up remote desktop between 2 XP Pro computers. Any help would be
appreciated with setting it up. Comnsider me a green horn
--
Greg

Pete

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001

smitz0327 wrote:
> One thing I haven't seen on the site yet is step by step instructions
on how
> to set up remote desktop between 2 XP Pro computers. Any help would
be
> appreciated with setting it up. Comnsider me a green horn
> --
> Greg

If you're on the same lan, go to control pannel, system settings,
remote tab, check "allow users to connect remotely..." to enable your
one PC to accept connections. Click start, all programs, accessories,
communications, "Remote desktop connection on the PC you're connecting
from to connect.

If you have firewalls and/or proxy servers between PCs, go to
http://www.pmgconnect.com for a great new way of connecting to any PC
with Remote Desktop.

These pages will help with that issue...

....or through a SSH tunnel...

http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/RemoteDesktop/SSH-RDP-VNC/RemoteDesktopVNCandSSH.html

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)