Videowave 7 Professional capture problems

Hello,

I am having problems capturing video on my mom's computer, using
Videowave 7 Professional. Here's the play by play:
Plug DV JVC camera into firewire port on the back of the computer.
Launch VW7, select "Capture Video."
Select "DV JVC" from list of resources.
The capture window comes up, the camera starts and goes into pause
mode, the video showing on the camera's LCD screen. The problem is
that the video from the camera is not displaying the capture preview
screen in VW7.

I have installed VW7 and successfully completed all the above steps on
my own computer. For some reason it just doesn't work on my mom's.

I know that her computer is recognizing the camera initially, because
it gives you that stupid Windows XP action prompt, plus the pre-roll
control VW7 seems to have on the camera when capture is launch. Just
no preview screen or ability to control the camera from that point on.

I figure that there must be something with her computer that is
interfering, such as a driver or something, but I really don't know
much about troubleshooting this kind of thing.

If anyone has any suggestions, or has experienced this problem, please
help me out.

Here are the computer specs:
Problem computer:
HP Pavillion a620n
3200+ AMD athlon
512 SDRAM
Camera: JVC GRD33U (mini-DV, from Wal-Mart)
Computer that worked:
HP Pavillion a420n
3000+ AMD athlon
512 SDRAM

Thanks!
Morgan

It could be the VGA card is the problem computer is not supporting video
overlay. The Roxio website only specifies you use the minumum screen
resolution of 1024x768 in 24bit or 32bit color. Check the monitor resolution
to make sure you are not using 800x600 or if in 1024x768 it is not in 16bit
color.

Most NLE software will warn you when using the wrong resolutions. I don't
know if Videowave is able, or setup to do that. Check those settings and see
if it makes a difference. Other than that call or write to Roxio for
support.

Thanks for the reply. I checked the resolution, and it is 1024x768,
32bit color. Is it possible that the video card needs a driver update?
Any other suggestions?

Also, she just informed me that when she starts her Juno web access,
the screen momentarily black, and then the taskbar has lines through
it.

Thanks again!