batch video converter?

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.divx (More info?)

Hi, I am looking to gain alittle uniformity in my videos collection by
converting them to a common format. I am trying to find (preferably
free/open source) a program that automates the conversion of lots of
diff video types to one relatively easy. I have everything from a few
fli files, to RealMedia files, MOVs, Flash, etc. I have been using
ffmpeg using a batch file (one reason being I love the option it has
(-sameq) to use the "same quality" when say converting something like a
flash over to a xvid/avi format) but there has *got* to be an easier
way. Any help would *really* be appreciated!

Cheers

-Gaiko
2 answers Last reply
More about batch video converter
  1. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.divx (More info?)

    I would try RiverPast cleaner. It can handle a bunch of formats, and
    does batch conversions.

    Here's a link...
    http://www.riverpast.com/en/prod/videocleaner/index.php

    Not sure if this will do what you need, but it's one of many tools I've
    found useful over the years.

    Shawn
    Ace MovieWorks
    http://noladvd.com
    8mm Film Conversions
  2. Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,alt.video.divx (More info?)

    Thanx! I will give it a try.

    Cheers

    -Gaiko

Tuner Cards Video Converter Format Graphics