precaching resources :(

heh..
i got a new CS:CZ, and i'm trying to play
on internet (throught steam)... but:
connecting to some server:
firstly, i get "downloading resources"
- something like "security module" etc...
it's all ok, but couple of second later
i've got PRECACHING RECOURCES..... and
program stops & nothing happening...

why ?

sorry 4 english ;]
plz help :)

thaZ
4 answers Last reply
More about precaching resources

    thaZ <thaz@NOSPAMxpect.pl> wrote in message
    > heh..
    > i got a new CS:CZ, and i'm trying to play
    > on internet (throught steam)... but:
    > connecting to some server:
    > firstly, i get "downloading resources"
    > - something like "security module" etc...
    > it's all ok, but couple of second later
    > i've got PRECACHING RECOURCES..... and
    > program stops & nothing happening...

    I've noticed this too ...there is often a long, long pause where nothing
    seems to happen at the point you describe. But eventually, mostly, it does
    'wake up' and connect, if it doesn't timeout first.
    Try hitting your 'space' bar impatiently when this happens! lol... I dunno
    but it appears to work for me!

    Am Sun, 08 Aug 2004 19:09:25 +0200 schrieb thaZ <thaz@NOSPAMxpect.pl>:

    >heh..
    >i got a new CS:CZ, and i'm trying to play
    >on internet (throught steam)... but:
    >connecting to some server:
    >firstly, i get "downloading resources"
    >- something like "security module" etc...
    >it's all ok, but couple of second later
    >i've got PRECACHING RECOURCES..... and
    >program stops & nothing happening...

    Maybe it will be enough if you simply choose another Server. Maybe the
    Server requires Cheating Death or that other Anti-Cheat tool
    "B...something" (name forgotten).

    HTH
    Chris
    --
    Christian Prüfling
    http://www.ChristianPruefling.de/

    * <cpruefling@freenet.de> [alt.games.half-life.counterstrike]:
    > Am Sun, 08 Aug 2004 19:09:25 +0200 schrieb thaZ <thaz@NOSPAMxpect.pl>:
    >
    >>heh..
    >>i got a new CS:CZ, and i'm trying to play
    >>on internet (throught steam)... but:
    >>connecting to some server:
    >>firstly, i get "downloading resources"
    >>- something like "security module" etc...
    >>it's all ok, but couple of second later
    >>i've got PRECACHING RECOURCES..... and
    >>program stops & nothing happening...
    >
    > Maybe it will be enough if you simply choose another Server. Maybe the
    > Server requires Cheating Death or that other Anti-Cheat tool
    > "B...something" (name forgotten).
    >
    > HTH
    > Chris

    Are you running cheating-death in the background on a server that uses
    some other anti-cheat method (eg VAC)? I seem to remember a problem
    with running C-D all the time. Just run it when needed for specific
    servers. Also can't remember if it was a steam problem or
    all-seeing-eye problem.

    --
    T R O Y P I G G I N S
    e : usenet-experiment@piggo.com

    On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 19:09:25 +0200, thaZ <thaz@NOSPAMxpect.pl> wrote:

    >heh..
    >i got a new CS:CZ, and i'm trying to play
    >on internet (throught steam)... but:
    >connecting to some server:
    >firstly, i get "downloading resources"
    >- something like "security module" etc...
    >it's all ok, but couple of second later
    >i've got PRECACHING RECOURCES..... and
    >program stops & nothing happening...
    >
    >why ?
    >
    >sorry 4 english ;]
    >plz help :)

    There'll be a huge CZ Steam update if you've just installed. My 56k connection
    took about 10 hours to update it overnight. It's probably doing the update.
    The game looks completely different after the update- slicked up models, a new
    CT & T model, etc.

Video Games