precaching resources :(

heh..
i got a new CS:CZ, and i'm trying to play
on internet (throught steam)... but:
connecting to some server:
firstly, i get "downloading resources"
- something like "security module" etc...
it's all ok, but couple of second later
i've got PRECACHING RECOURCES..... and
program stops & nothing happening...

why ?

sorry 4 english ;]
plz help :)

thaZ

Uzi

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2004

thaZ <thaz@NOSPAMxpect.pl> wrote in message
> heh..
> i got a new CS:CZ, and i'm trying to play
> on internet (throught steam)... but:
> connecting to some server:
> firstly, i get "downloading resources"
> - something like "security module" etc...
> it's all ok, but couple of second later
> i've got PRECACHING RECOURCES..... and
> program stops & nothing happening...

I've noticed this too ...there is often a long, long pause where nothing
seems to happen at the point you describe. But eventually, mostly, it does
'wake up' and connect, if it doesn't timeout first.
Try hitting your 'space' bar impatiently when this happens! lol... I dunno
but it appears to work for me!

Am Sun, 08 Aug 2004 19:09:25 +0200 schrieb thaZ <thaz@NOSPAMxpect.pl>:

>heh..
>i got a new CS:CZ, and i'm trying to play
>on internet (throught steam)... but:
>connecting to some server:
>firstly, i get "downloading resources"
>- something like "security module" etc...
>it's all ok, but couple of second later
>i've got PRECACHING RECOURCES..... and
>program stops & nothing happening...

Maybe it will be enough if you simply choose another Server. Maybe the
Server requires Cheating Death or that other Anti-Cheat tool
"B...something" (name forgotten).

HTH
Chris
--
Christian Prüfling
http://www.ChristianPruefling.de/

* <cpruefling@freenet.de> [alt.games.half-life.counterstrike]:
> Am Sun, 08 Aug 2004 19:09:25 +0200 schrieb thaZ <thaz@NOSPAMxpect.pl>:
>
>>heh..
>>i got a new CS:CZ, and i'm trying to play
>>on internet (throught steam)... but:
>>connecting to some server:
>>firstly, i get "downloading resources"
>>- something like "security module" etc...
>>it's all ok, but couple of second later
>>i've got PRECACHING RECOURCES..... and
>>program stops & nothing happening...
>
> Maybe it will be enough if you simply choose another Server. Maybe the
> Server requires Cheating Death or that other Anti-Cheat tool
> "B...something" (name forgotten).
>
> HTH
> Chris

Are you running cheating-death in the background on a server that uses
some other anti-cheat method (eg VAC)? I seem to remember a problem
with running C-D all the time. Just run it when needed for specific
servers. Also can't remember if it was a steam problem or
all-seeing-eye problem.

--
T R O Y P I G G I N S
e : usenet-experiment@piggo.com

Ian

On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 19:09:25 +0200, thaZ <thaz@NOSPAMxpect.pl> wrote:

>heh..
>i got a new CS:CZ, and i'm trying to play
>on internet (throught steam)... but:
>connecting to some server:
>firstly, i get "downloading resources"
>- something like "security module" etc...
>it's all ok, but couple of second later
>i've got PRECACHING RECOURCES..... and
>program stops & nothing happening...
>
>why ?
>
>sorry 4 english ;]
>plz help :)

There'll be a huge CZ Steam update if you've just installed. My 56k connection
took about 10 hours to update it overnight. It's probably doing the update.
The game looks completely different after the update- slicked up models, a new
CT & T model, etc.