Mobile 2003 Second Edition

May 31, 2004 3:13:51 AM

I've seen screen shots for SE. But, is it available yet and where do I get
it?
-Anthony

More about : mobile 2003 edition

Anonymous
May 31, 2004 11:58:21 AM

go to your makers website. But there is no obligation for them to release
it.

"Anthony" <antknee222@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I've seen screen shots for SE. But, is it available yet and where do I
get
> it?
> -Anthony

Anonymous
May 31, 2004 3:14:06 PM

SE was released by MS some months ago. It should take some time to device
makers until they integrate the drivers and do QC with their devices. I
don't think that an upgrade has been offered by any device maker yet. We
will probably begin seeing them in the next months.

--
Helio Diamant - MS/MVP Mobile Devices
http://www.pocketpcfreak.com

"Anthony" <antknee222@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I've seen screen shots for SE. But, is it available yet and where do I
get
> it?
> -Anthony

May 31, 2004 3:14:07 PM

Hi,
Only Toshiba offers a free upgrade for the e800 to Windows Mobile 2003
Second Edition.

--
Chris De Herrera
http://www.cewindows.net

"Helio Diamant - MS/MVP, Mobile Devices" <helio@nospam.pocketpcfreak.com>
wrote in message news:emF1CcuREHA.2216@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> SE was released by MS some months ago. It should take some time to device
> makers until they integrate the drivers and do QC with their devices. I
> don't think that an upgrade has been offered by any device maker yet. We
> will probably begin seeing them in the next months.
>
> --
> Helio Diamant - MS/MVP Mobile Devices
> http://www.pocketpcfreak.com
>

> "Anthony" <antknee222@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> I've seen screen shots for SE. But, is it available yet and where do I
> get
>> it?
>> -Anthony

Anonymous
May 31, 2004 5:05:26 PM

So far, hopefully.

--
Sven, MS-MVP Mobile Devices
"Chris De Herrera" <chris@cewindows.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Only Toshiba offers a free upgrade for the e800 to Windows Mobile 2003
> Second Edition.
>

> --
> Chris De Herrera
> http://www.cewindows.net
> http://www.tabletpctalk.com
>
> "Helio Diamant - MS/MVP, Mobile Devices" <helio@nospam.pocketpcfreak.com>
> wrote in message news:emF1CcuREHA.2216@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> > SE was released by MS some months ago. It should take some time to
device
> > makers until they integrate the drivers and do QC with their devices. I
> > don't think that an upgrade has been offered by any device maker yet. We
> > will probably begin seeing them in the next months.
> >
> > --
> > Helio Diamant - MS/MVP Mobile Devices
> > http://www.pocketpcfreak.com
> >

> > "Anthony" <antknee222@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> I've seen screen shots for SE. But, is it available yet and where do I
> > get
> >> it?
> >> -Anthony

Anonymous
June 1, 2004 12:34:49 AM

Buy an Axim X30!
"Anthony" <antknee222@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I've seen screen shots for SE. But, is it available yet and where do I
> get
> it?
> -Anthony

June 1, 2004 12:34:50 AM

yooohoooo! Love that X30! :)
Geek

-------------------------------
Posted by PPCNewz
Anonymous
June 1, 2004 1:24:03 AM

On Mon, 31 May 2004 21:05:26 +0200, Sven, MVP-Mobile Devices
wrote
(in article <#axc$I0REHA.3124@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>):

> So far, hopefully.

It's the *free* part that makes me think Toshiba will stay alone
in this. If previous experience is any indication, most others
will charge a fee for the upgrade, if they provide one.

--
Marlof Bregonje
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices

Toshiba has been faulted, and perhaps rightly so, for past inadequate PDA
support. They are to be congratulated for promptly releasing a freely
downloadable operating system upgrade to Windows Mobile 2003 SE.
We had no EEPROM installation problems. The OS has the usual "hangs" which
are no better or worse than those experienced with WM2003. One understands
that these result from problems with both the application programs and the
OS.
Robbie
June 1, 2004 10:51:43 AM

Early overview on Toshiba 2003 SE - Biggest issue seen so
far with the upgrade is data backup no longer works - it
does not backup all loaded programs (using Sprite Pocket
Backup to get around this as it does). Alarms issue seems
to have been fixed. CF GPS no longer works with Delorme SA
2004 (need to investigate this more). Don't like the fact
VGA display with most programs is similar to QVGA on 2003.

!