Pause dvd recorders?

gerry

I'm thinking of buying a standalone dvd recorder to back up my
collection of s-vhs recordings of movies. Is it possible to pause
these recorders during recording to eliminate defects or commercials?
I recorded several movies in longplay on one tape and also many
individual scenes which I want to preserve. Also, is the Lite-on
recorder any good or is it prone to making poor recordings?

Gerry wrote:
> I'm thinking of buying a standalone dvd recorder to back up my
> collection of s-vhs recordings of movies. Is it possible to pause
> these recorders during recording to eliminate defects or commercials?
> I recorded several movies in longplay on one tape and also many
> individual scenes which I want to preserve. Also, is the Lite-on
> recorder any good or is it prone to making poor recordings?

I have the LiteOn LVW-5101 from Sam's Club and yes it has a Rec Pause.
I've used it on over 100 DVDs and it's worked perfectly.

I no longer need my VCR. Not bad for $139.

MD