Tags:
  • Acer
  • Smartphones
  • Tablets
  • Netbooks
  • Ultrabooks
Last response: in News comments
February 1, 2012 2:17:47 PM

Good for Acer, and the consumer. I personally like Acer laptops, esp. for the money, and have been very pleased with several owned by my family. Look forward to future good products from Acer, and to push the competition on price/features. Yippee!
Score
February 1, 2012 2:26:22 PM

let them start with better QC. They have a lot of faulty laptops.
Score
Related resources
February 1, 2012 2:40:51 PM

I hate the keyboard on Acer laptops.
Score
February 1, 2012 2:45:58 PM

Window Tablet in the Acer Ferrari brand and you have an exclusive
Score
February 1, 2012 2:50:34 PM

Quote:
Acer is now in full attack position and poised to deal a vicious blow from four specific angles: ultrabooks, netbooks, tablets and smartphones.

So now when I power the device on I gotta take cover??
Score
February 1, 2012 3:13:32 PM

I'll agree...good for the consumer when there is a battle for the mid-market (though many will likely be confused).

I'm hoping for a quad tablet with a USB port soon (A510, I think)
Score
February 1, 2012 3:58:02 PM

I like Acer. They've made me a small fortune fixing their laptops and netbooks... will definately never be out of work as long as they are in business.
Score
February 1, 2012 4:38:43 PM

I'm all for Acer making a splash, but I truly hope that by "user experience" they don't do what other tablet and smartphone manufacturers do in adding custom UIs to Android. The best "user experience" is the fastest to operate and be updated - Nexus-style "vanilla" Android.
Score
February 1, 2012 4:52:28 PM

I've had a good experience with Acer products. A friend still has an Athlon 64 desktop from 2004 or 2005 running and another friend has a 2010 Acer laptop. I also find their website much easier to deal with than most other sites.
Score
Anonymous
February 1, 2012 4:56:21 PM

As far as the they have a lot of faulty laptops .. trust me, ALL of the manufacturers do. I can't speak of one issue we are currently facing with a brand but they ALL have faults.
Score
February 1, 2012 4:59:27 PM

Go Acer, go Acer! Best company on the planet :D 
Score
February 1, 2012 5:20:01 PM

The first PC I bought when I was on my own in college: an Acer. It did pretty well back in the Win 3.1 /3.11 days (as long as I used the correct boot disk). I think they had a rough patch by which they produced junk in the mid to late nineties through the mid 2000s.

I've been making my own PCs since the mid 90s, but I now own a decent Acer Android tablet and a fantastic 120Hz 3D monitor made (or at least stamped with the logo) by Acer. Ultrabooks seem like the right path for the company this year.
Score
February 1, 2012 5:27:00 PM

They need to attack their support department, which is horrible, if not worst in the industry. I would not buy an Acer based on its warranty. Their quality of product has been fine, and so you rarely need to rely on the warranty. But, if you do happen to get a defective one, pitch it and buy another. It is not worth the hassle to deal with them. I no longer buy Acer for that reason.
Score
February 1, 2012 5:35:56 PM

Men should be banned from taking CEO position, ffs.
"Vicious blow", "attack mode", are you kidding me?
Is it 12 year old speaking?

Jeez...
Score
February 1, 2012 5:59:56 PM

Aggressive pricing and quality products would be good for the consumers.
But actions always speak louder than words.
Score
February 1, 2012 8:22:21 PM

kartuMen should be banned from taking CEO position, ffs."Vicious blow", "attack mode", are you kidding me?Is it 12 year old speaking?Jeez...

Women should be banned from taking positions as CEO, all they do it talk about babies, shopping and handbags
See? Anyone can make a broad sweeping generalisation, east peasy
Score
February 1, 2012 10:39:54 PM

Acer has awesome prices and as long as you carefully check over everything you buy, they have fine products. As others mentioned, their qa kinda sucks. This doesn't hurt the actual product though, you just might end up getting a bad one. Just make sure it works perfectly before 30 days.

I'd compare them to g.skill
Score
February 2, 2012 5:20:21 AM

ShodarI like Acer. They've made me a small fortune fixing their laptops and netbooks... will definately never be out of work as long as they are in business.

Then you should probably consider Alienware/Dell and HP also. Acer IMO is much more reliable compared to those.
Score
February 3, 2012 2:59:51 AM

I like my 5742 laptop. But getting chunks of crap under the keyboard is a pain in the ass.
Score
!