how do i move offline files from the c: drive to another d..

I have a partitioned disk on my laptop. I'd like to force my offline files
to be located on the d: drive rather than the c: drive. Anyone know how to
do it?

Hi,

Why would you want to move the offline files, if you wanted to move them to
D: just in case windows crashes they would not be available as windows would
not be able to access them. Howerver you could create a manual copy by
copying the C:\windows\csc folder.

If it is a space issue maybe purchase Partition Manager from Symantec and
resize the hard drive.

Hope this helps

Simon

google is your friend
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=move+offline+files
2nd result

http://www.windowsitpro.com/Windows/Article/ArticleID/20276/20276.html

can be done on xp- find a copy of cachemove (I did it)

"frustrated-laptop-user" <frustrated-laptop-user@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:09D755D3-190E-407E-ACE8-612A3670047A@microsoft.com...
>I have a partitioned disk on my laptop. I'd like to force my offline files
> to be located on the d: drive rather than the c: drive. Anyone know how
> do it?

TRENDING THREADS