Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Logon and then immediate logoff..?

Tags:
  • Remote Desktop
  • Computers
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
Share
March 17, 2005 2:27:42 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

When I attempt to logon via remote desktop to one of my six computers on
my LAN I get a logon and then an immediate logoff. No error message or
anything. File sharing is accessible and remote desktop works on all
other computers and from the computer in question. I've think I've
checked everything, pinged, logon log etc and can't find out what is
causing it. I've disabled all firewalls and anti virus/spy ware...still
no logon that stays.
Any ideas would be very much appreciated.
Thanks.
Frank

More about : logon logoff

Anonymous
March 22, 2005 3:36:50 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

"user1497" wrote:
> When I attempt to logon via remote desktop to one of my six
> computers on
> my LAN I get a logon and then an immediate logoff. No error
> message or
> anything. File sharing is accessible and remote desktop works
> on all
> other computers and from the computer in question. I've think
> I've
> checked everything, pinged, logon log etc and can't find out
> what is
> causing it. I've disabled all firewalls and anti virus/spy
> ware...still
> no logon that stays.
> Any ideas would be very much appreciated.
> Thanks.
> Frank

I too am having the same problem. Only on one PC with XPSP2 (fully
patched by windows Update.)

When I connect to either win2K or 2003 server, I log in and then when
I am about to get the desktop icons and taskbar, it proceeds with
logoff.

It is VERY frustrating.

Any help would be GREAT.

--
Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's request
Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet standards
Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Work-Remotely-Logon-logoff...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1093293
Anonymous
April 4, 2005 8:35:03 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

I am having the same issue with my wifes computer. I enabled the audit policy
for successful logins and failed logins and it came back with a bad user name
or password error. The particular user account can log on locally and is also
a member of the Administrators as well as the Remote Desktop Users group. I
have also check on any other policies that affect terminal services and RDC
but everything seems to be in order. This is an XP-Pro Sp2 install and the
firewall has been completely disabled. My access is via internal network only
until I can get this problem sorted out. Any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.

"Itar" wrote:

> "user1497" wrote:
> > When I attempt to logon via remote desktop to one of my six
> > computers on
> > my LAN I get a logon and then an immediate logoff. No error
> > message or
> > anything. File sharing is accessible and remote desktop works
> > on all
> > other computers and from the computer in question. I've think
> > I've
> > checked everything, pinged, logon log etc and can't find out
> > what is
> > causing it. I've disabled all firewalls and anti virus/spy
> > ware...still
> > no logon that stays.
> > Any ideas would be very much appreciated.
> > Thanks.
> > Frank
>
> I too am having the same problem. Only on one PC with XPSP2 (fully
> patched by windows Update.)
>
> When I connect to either win2K or 2003 server, I log in and then when
> I am about to get the desktop icons and taskbar, it proceeds with
> logoff.
>
> It is VERY frustrating.
>
> Any help would be GREAT.
>
> --
> Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's request
> Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet standards
> Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Work-Remotely-Logon-logoff...
> Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1093293
>
Anonymous
April 5, 2005 8:17:49 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

"Dlswin" wrote:
> I am having the same issue with my wifes computer. I enabled
> the audit policy
> for successful logins and failed logins and it came back with
> a bad user name
> or password error. The particular user account can log on
> locally and is also
> a member of the Administrators as well as the Remote Desktop
> Users group. I
> have also check on any other policies that affect terminal
> services and RDC
> but everything seems to be in order. This is an XP-Pro Sp2
> install and the
> firewall has been completely disabled. My access is via
> internal network only
> until I can get this problem sorted out. Any suggestions would
> be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> "Itar" wrote:
>
> > "user1497" wrote:
>  > > When I attempt to logon via remote desktop to one
> of my six
>  > > computers on
>  > > my LAN I get a logon and then an immediate logoff.
> No error
>  > > message or
>  > > anything. File sharing is accessible and remote
> desktop works
>  > > on all
>  > > other computers and from the computer in question.
> I've think
>  > > I've
>  > > checked everything, pinged, logon log etc and can't
> find out
>  > > what is
>  > > causing it. I've disabled all firewalls and anti
> virus/spy
>  > > ware...still
>  > > no logon that stays.
>  > > Any ideas would be very much appreciated.
>  > > Thanks.
>  > > Frank
> >
> > I too am having the same problem. Only on one PC with XPSP2
> (fully
> > patched by windows Update.)
> >
> > When I connect to either win2K or 2003 server, I log in and
> then when
> > I am about to get the desktop icons and taskbar, it proceeds
> with
> > logoff.
> >
> > It is VERY frustrating.
> >
> > Any help would be GREAT.
> >
> > --
> > Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's request
> > Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet
> standards
> > Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Work-Remotely-Logon-logoff...
> > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1093293
> >

Mine ended up being an Local profile. When I deleted the profile and
had it recreate a new one on the next login, all was fine.

Good Luck.
!