Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Intels newest plan is their greatest yet.

Tags:
Last response: in News & Leisure
Share
September 18, 2010 11:45:54 PM

Are you kidding me Intel??? $1000 CPU's was fine and all, but this is BS. Having to pay half the price of an already overpriced CPU?! WTF?! This is plain dumb, as if they dont already have enough money. I wonder if they sit around thinking of way to screw customers for money. Ill still end up with Sandy Bridge, but this is stupid Intel, plain stupid.
September 19, 2010 12:06:16 AM

Quote:
I wonder if they sit around thinking of way to screw customers for money. Ill still end up with Sandy Bridge, but this is stupid Intel, plain stupid.


:lol: 

There really is one born every minute. Give it another 2 years and you will be so pissed that you don't buy any more ares12. Of course, the next gen idiots will say what you are saying now. :lol: 

You saying that you will end up with Sandy Bridge is all intel needs. You hate what they do, but you still buy their stuff. Pathetic.
Related resources
September 19, 2010 12:41:13 AM

I think it's quite funny, so wrong but still funny.
September 19, 2010 12:42:37 AM

No, i hate what they just did, but they are a business, they are out to make money. They can be dumb about it, and they can be unfair about it, but that is still their primary purpose. It just so happens I dont feel like waiting for BD, unless AMD can put out some seriously nice leaked performance around SB release. And SB looks like it is going to be very good. See, i dont care who the company is, i just buy the best product, unlike fanboys.
September 19, 2010 1:16:20 AM

I can't wait to see what is next rofl. I actually admire intel for being so audacious :D  :D  Somebody start a poll to see what they will do next hahaah.
September 19, 2010 1:18:09 AM

Well, this is not surprising. Intel is about as close to being a monopoly as possible, and this is what happens when you have a monopoly.

I agree with Ares though, I will buy whatever performs best for my budget at the time regardless of brand or said brand's ethics because all companies are corrupt anyway. However, if Intel were to pull something like this when I go to buy one of their CPUs, they would lose my business. Kind of like limiting overclocking to a select few overpriced CPUs...

Regardless, my i5 750 will last me for a good long time. However, if AMD somehow trounces Intel with BD, I'll probably get one for the novelty and to help even the playing field a little in my own way.
September 19, 2010 2:26:23 AM

AMD is in a interesting position. They are starting to take the lead pretty easily in the GPU market, and yet are dwarfed by intel in the CPU market. When everything is "fusion" i wonder how that will turn out. Atleast AMD can fund the CPU part with GPU revenues, and vice versa. Nvidia cant, and Intel cant really either. I guess thats the one advantage.
September 19, 2010 2:40:11 AM

WOW...those 3, in no particular order, are some of the stupidest things ive heard in atleast a month! :lol:  Wait, them thinking making the dollar bills will jumpstart the economy takes 1st!
Quote:
Fisher started the project in with the intent of "trying to find a catalyst to restart our economy" he told Fox News. The recent competition is now closed, and voting ends on September 30. "This has touched people's hearts," Fisher said, and "people feel the dollar touches their lives."

September 19, 2010 2:44:42 AM

this one quote from the story is wrong in so many ways....

"Our great 'rival', the Euro, looks so spanky in comparison it seems the only clear way to revive this global recession is to rebrand and redesign,"
September 19, 2010 2:47:41 AM

Quote:
this one quote from the story is wrong in so many ways....

"Our great 'rival', the Euro, looks so spanky in comparison it seems the only clear way to revive this global recession is to rebrand and redesign,"

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  OMG :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  Thats the stupidest thing a person can think?! " Hey! Your money is prettier than mine! Screw value, gimme!"

September 19, 2010 4:28:14 AM

Quote:
:lol: 

There really is one born every minute. Give it another 2 years and you will be so pissed that you don't buy any more ares12. Of course, the next gen idiots will say what you are saying now. :lol: 

You saying that you will end up with Sandy Bridge is all intel needs. You hate what they do, but you still buy their stuff. Pathetic.


Pretty much everyone applies to this. There is not one person apart from those who live in solitude and away from society that buy from a company that they despise and in most cases they know it.

I have given up trying not to buy from companies I don't like. Well all except Apple, but thats easy. I don't even have any of their software even if I need it for a codec I say screw em.

But even AMD, nVidia, IBM, Microsoft. they all do it. Most people don't rremember or notice but its when they pump prices up when they have the advantage over the competition. AMD did it during the K8 reign. Nvidia does it all the time. Microsoft does it. Every company does it.

Quote:
it's the third dumbest thing I've read this week

second place
http://www.techspot.com/news/40303-activision-wants-to-...

first place
http://news.yahoo.com/s/huffpost/721294


I read that one about Activison/Blizzard. You need to remember that Blizzard is used to filling their Scrroge McDuck sized banks with a game. And this is the first time they have released a game since 2004 (WoW). Its the first time it was an actual game and not a gold mine. They will find new ways to do something with it to create more money. And the followers will pay. And they will fill a second Scrooge McDuck sized bank.

I do hope to God that they don't redesign the dollar. I like that its not 'fancy' like the others. In fact cutting George Washington for Obama would be a crime. Washington was one of the greates leaders of any, Obama not so much.

Plus I hate that colorful crap. Green all the way.
September 19, 2010 4:51:34 AM

Slightly off topic, but we are talking about Washington ...

You know what I like most about Washington? After we won the Revolutionary War, we offered to make him king, and he turned the job down.
September 19, 2010 4:57:30 AM

Quote:
Slightly off topic, but we are talking about Washington ...

You know what I like most about Washington? After we won the Revolutionary War, we offered to make him king, and he turned the job down.


he turned down a lot things including the presidency, they wanted him to run for a third term and like you said offered him the position for life. Also offered him the title of his royal highness the president, turned that down.
September 19, 2010 6:32:55 AM

Quote:
he turned down a lot things including the presidency, they wanted him to run for a third term and like you said offered him the position for life. Also offered him the title of his royal highness the president, turned that down.


Yep. I think he was amazed at the fact that Americans ran away from that kind of monoarchy and still wanted it. He knew it would only lead to the next UK.

I looked at the redesigns. I didn't mind a few with Washington but the Obama ones made me feel sick.
September 19, 2010 6:39:13 AM

Quote:
I looked at the redesigns. I didn't mind a few with Washington but the Obama ones made me feel sick.

Why? If I may be so bold, he is going to go down in history for at least one achievement regardless of whether he turns out to be a good, bad or indifferent President simply because he is and will always be the first black man to have got the job.
September 19, 2010 6:46:03 AM

Quote:
Why? If I may be so bold, he is going to go down in history for at least one achievement regardless of whether he turns out to be a good, bad or indifferent President simply because he is and will always be the first black man to have got the job.


Aren't you from the UK? Well unless you live in the US, you won't understand it. The amount of sleazy propaganda and BS that is piled against that man is incredible. Not saying I'm a huge fan or that I voted for him, or otherwise for that matter, but the ridiculous extent of people's ignorance when it comes to the real issues, and their naivety towards their propaganda filled "news", that I'm sure they hold as the only unbiased news source, is truly sickening.

Your major mistake is that when you came up with that post, you used your brain.

Edit: And for the record, its a terribly idea to replace the presidents. Change the colors, make it look colorful and happy, I don't care but don't get rid of our history.
September 19, 2010 6:52:42 AM

Quote:
Why? If I may be so bold, he is going to go down in history for at least one achievement regardless of whether he turns out to be a good, bad or indifferent President simply because he is and will always be the first black man to have got the job.


If he does its as undeserved as the Nobel Peace Prize he got for doing absolutley nothing:

http://diversityinc.com/content/1757/article/1461/

http://www.dickgregory.com/dick/14_washington.html

He was not the first black president. In fact the first president, John Hanson, was black.

Back before the US was fully setup, Congress was the government and elected a man as 'president' every year.

Suffice to say, Obama was not the first 'black' president and does not deserve the honor of being on the 1 dollar bill to replace the great Washington.
September 19, 2010 7:03:11 AM

Quote:
Your major mistake is that when you came up with that post, you used your brain.

I must stop doing that. :D 

Quote:
He was not the first black president. In fact the first president, John Hanson, was black.


Was he not of English descent? And in any pictures I've seen of him he does look kind of Caucasian, a lot more so than Obama does.
September 19, 2010 7:03:35 AM

Quote:
If he does its as undeserved as the Nobel Peace Prize he got for doing absolutley nothing:

http://diversityinc.com/content/1757/article/1461/

http://www.dickgregory.com/dick/14_washington.html

He was not the first black president. In fact the first president, John Hanson, was black.

Back before the US was fully setup, Congress was the government and elected a man as 'president' every year.

Suffice to say, Obama was not the first 'black' president and does not deserve the honor of being on the 1 dollar bill to replace the great Washington.


That is a completely different case. The same government wasn't even in place.
September 19, 2010 12:29:37 PM

Quote:
Why? If I may be so bold, he is going to go down in history for at least one achievement regardless of whether he turns out to be a good, bad or indifferent President simply because he is and will always be the first black man to have got the job.


he is more popular outside the country then he is inside. Currently his approval rating is 44%, its the quickest decline in approval since they started monitoring approval ratings. 41% is considered the no return line, no way you will ever be re-elected once you hit that mark (no first term president ever has). For most of us in the USA, he can't get their soon enough.
September 19, 2010 12:36:31 PM

AH CRAP! I left my Government Homework in the 90's... And yeah, I can think of about 40 presidents that deserve to be on currency more than him. Heck, even Taft does, atleast he would fill the page. People would likely not use the $1 bill anymore, or use it for toliet paper. Most people would say he should be on a wanted poster, not currency. Then FDR is one of them too! (20 guesses who mades these designs... :sarcastic:  ) Most people think he was one of the best presidents, and in some ways he was good, and did good things. Yet he also did more than almost any other president to defy, alter, and ruin the constitution, and any precedents set before him.
September 19, 2010 5:42:38 PM

^ Mousemonkey, I rest my case. Tell me how hard is it to gain UK citizenship...?
September 19, 2010 5:46:42 PM

Hey hey hey, i said "most people" not me! :lol:  I think he is the ignorant one considering his approval rating is dropping like crazy and his is still trying to do what hes trying to do. Not necessarily that everything he does is wrong, but thats how people see it.
September 19, 2010 6:21:57 PM

You think he is ignorant because he continues to do what he sees as best despite his approval rating? Maybe he realizes that his approval rating has little to do with his actions, but more to do with the propaganda war waged against him. If he changed course now, he would be criticized for it, if he sticks to his guns, he would be criticized for it, if he does what the people doing the criticizing wants, he will be criticized for it. Tell me, what are his options again?

BTW, his global approval rating is hanging above 60%. What do you think is different?
September 19, 2010 6:34:35 PM

Quote:

He was not the first black president. In fact the first president, John Hanson, was black.

Back before the US was fully setup, Congress was the government and elected a man as 'president' every year.


I think you're mistaking two different John Hansons.
September 19, 2010 6:51:35 PM

Quote:
You think he is ignorant because he continues to do what he sees as best despite his approval rating? Maybe he realizes that his approval rating has little to do with his actions, but more to do with the propaganda war waged against him. If he changed course now, he would be criticized for it, if he sticks to his guns, he would be criticized for it, if he does what the people doing the criticizing wants, he will be criticized for it. Tell me, what are his options again?

BTW, his global approval rating is hanging above 60%. What do you think is different?


Hmmm, maybe do what IS best for this country, and stop doing what he deems is best? Capitalism? Stuff like that...He wouldnt be criticized if he was successful, whats hes doing is not successful, and therefore he is criticized. It isnt my problem what he does to up his approval rating. And global approval rating doesnt matter. They dont have to deal with his policies if they are bad, and they dont vote him in or out. :lol: 
September 19, 2010 6:53:35 PM

I can think of at least three more worthy



Before he gets his
September 19, 2010 6:56:47 PM

^ :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  HA! Thats good...anyway, FYI, Hanson wasnt black...he was english. Or atleast the Hanson who was pres of congress. But even if Obama is the first black president, who cares? Hes just another person who got elected president, and just another president people arent fond of. His race shouldnt be used as a achievement or negative aspect...George Washington was the first white president. Whoopdi Do, we remember him as he was one of the, if not the best president.
September 19, 2010 6:57:41 PM

Quote:
You think he is ignorant because he continues to do what he sees as best despite his approval rating? Maybe he realizes that his approval rating has little to do with his actions, but more to do with the propaganda war waged against him. If he changed course now, he would be criticized for it, if he sticks to his guns, he would be criticized for it, if he does what the people doing the criticizing wants, he will be criticized for it. Tell me, what are his options again?

BTW, his global approval rating is hanging above 60%. What do you think is different?


all presidents have their critics no matter if you are a republican, whig, federalist, democratic, republican-democrat, etc.,


even Jefferson, Washington, and Lincoln where attacked in the papers as being incompetent. I personally don't believe Obama is doing what he feels is right, he is doing what he feels will get him re-elected. Its back firing because most of the projects are simply half-assed and designed for press releases rather then effectiveness.

September 19, 2010 7:05:19 PM

Quote:
I personally don't believe Obama is doing what he feels is right, he is doing what he feels will get him re-elected.


If he wants to get re-elected, he's going about it a pretty strange way. IMHO he's going to go down in history as Jimmy Carter II after he gets kicked out in 2012, and his primary legacy will be reinvigorating the conservatives in American politics.

I'm not really sure what that has to do with Intel CPUs, though.
September 19, 2010 7:06:28 PM

Ahhh the good ol days
September 19, 2010 7:07:25 PM

Didnt he invent them? or was that AlGore?
September 19, 2010 7:08:41 PM

OK, back on topic
As long as this stays in lower end on OEMs, clueless Joe may like it

Think about it, for it to be of any worth, it will be done on duals anyways, not quads or higher
September 19, 2010 7:25:12 PM

Quote:
You think he is ignorant because he continues to do what he sees as best despite his approval rating? Maybe he realizes that his approval rating has little to do with his actions, but more to do with the propaganda war waged against him. If he changed course now, he would be criticized for it, if he sticks to his guns, he would be criticized for it, if he does what the people doing the criticizing wants, he will be criticized for it. Tell me, what are his options again?

BTW, his global approval rating is hanging above 60%. What do you think is different?


I don't think what he thinks is right ir right. But thats opinion. I don't think its right to force health care onto someone. I myself don't have it because I cannot afford it. And if I say no, I get fined. Last time I checked, I should have a say in it.

Then the tax breaks. He thinks that only people who make less than $250K deserve one. I think its wrong to tax someone higher just because they worked hard enough to get more. In fact taxing those who make more starts to side towards socialisim where the rich pay for the poor.

Global approval ratings mean nothing here. I highly doubt the UK cares what we or any other country thinks of the Queen. And what Obama does forr the US does not affect the rest of the world.

Quote:
OK, back on topic
As long as this stays in lower end on OEMs, clueless Joe may like it

Think about it, for it to be of any worth, it will be done on duals anyways, not quads or higher


As I said in the other thread, this is most likley only going to the OEMs since the CPUs it is for are only available to OEMs. Its a good idea for people because $50 dollars is cheaper than having a new CPU installed. Much cheaper.
September 19, 2010 7:31:05 PM

And if it comes with an unlocked core or multi, then its also the only thing thstll make it worth it, as cache etc wont offer enough value IMHO
September 19, 2010 7:37:25 PM

Quote:
If he wants to get re-elected, he's going about it a pretty strange way. IMHO he's going to go down in history as Jimmy Carter II after he gets kicked out in 2012, and his primary legacy will be reinvigorating the conservatives in American politics.

I'm not really sure what that has to do with Intel CPUs, though.




....more tax breaks?
September 19, 2010 7:38:40 PM

Quote:
Didnt he invent them? or was that AlGore?


Al invented the CPU
September 19, 2010 7:50:31 PM

Hah. I'm kind of mad, sad, and amused by what Intel did here. Just goes to prove that there are pretty damn stupid people in the world....

Anyways:
Quote:
You know what I like most about Washington? After we won the Revolutionary War, we offered to make him king, and he turned the job down.

That sir, is a true President. If we had done this to Bush, Obama,et al, they would have most certainly accepted.
September 19, 2010 8:49:12 PM

Obama is 40% internally and 60% with the rest of the world?

I'm of the opinion that the RoW should choose the US presidents. :D  We wouldnt have had to suffer Bush then...either of them probably. The US people need to realise that the RoW knows best when it comes to your presidents lol.
September 19, 2010 8:54:16 PM

Quote:
Obama is 40% internally and 60% with the rest of the world?

I'm of the opinion that the RoW should choose the US presidents. :D  We wouldnt have had to suffer Bush then...either of them probably. The US people need to realise that the RoW knows best when it comes to your presidents lol.


Because they aren't fed propaganda and bias, so yes.
September 19, 2010 8:56:56 PM

Quote:
Obama is 40% internally and 60% with the rest of the world?

I'm of the opinion that the RoW should choose the US presidents. :D  We wouldnt have had to suffer Bush then...either of them probably. The US people need to realise that the RoW knows best when it comes to your presidents lol.


news flash, Americans never have and never will give a rats ass about the rest of the world's opinions*

England and Australia maybe...if they just learned to speak English :p 
September 19, 2010 8:58:20 PM

Remember, the media tends to hate conservatives (what we generally call republicans here), and always gets the bad tilt, the bad stories, the spin etc, here, as well as overseas.
The dems always look better to the RoW because of this, not policy alone
September 19, 2010 9:48:12 PM

Dems also tend to be less warmongering compared to republicans dont they? This is the biggest thing for the "rest of the world", ie europe. We've been warring for thousands of years before the US existed and we're a bit tired of it now.
September 19, 2010 9:54:11 PM

Quote:
Dems also tend to be less warmongering compared to republicans dont they? This is the biggest thing for the "rest of the world", ie europe. We've been warring for thousands of years before the US existed and we're a bit tired of it now.


depends on the war, don't forget Vietnam was being fought with JFK and LJ in the white house.
September 19, 2010 10:09:30 PM

wow i didn't realise that. Recent wars though surely go heavily toward republicans?
September 19, 2010 10:11:44 PM

eyefinity, if this continues OT, should I move this?
Giving you the call here
Either on topic or I move it with OPs permission
!