Intels newest plan is their greatest yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ares1214

Splendid
Are you kidding me Intel??? $1000 CPU's was fine and all, but this is BS. Having to pay half the price of an already overpriced CPU?! WTF?! This is plain dumb, as if they dont already have enough money. I wonder if they sit around thinking of way to screw customers for money. Ill still end up with Sandy Bridge, but this is stupid Intel, plain stupid.

eyefinity

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
I wonder if they sit around thinking of way to screw customers for money. Ill still end up with Sandy Bridge, but this is stupid Intel, plain stupid.

:lol:

There really is one born every minute. Give it another 2 years and you will be so pissed that you don't buy any more ares12. Of course, the next gen idiots will say what you are saying now. :lol:

You saying that you will end up with Sandy Bridge is all intel needs. You hate what they do, but you still buy their stuff. Pathetic.

ares1214

Splendid
No, i hate what they just did, but they are a business, they are out to make money. They can be dumb about it, and they can be unfair about it, but that is still their primary purpose. It just so happens I dont feel like waiting for BD, unless AMD can put out some seriously nice leaked performance around SB release. And SB looks like it is going to be very good. See, i dont care who the company is, i just buy the best product, unlike fanboys.

eyefinity

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
I can't wait to see what is next rofl. I actually admire intel for being so audacious :D :D Somebody start a poll to see what they will do next hahaah.

AMW1011

Distinguished
Well, this is not surprising. Intel is about as close to being a monopoly as possible, and this is what happens when you have a monopoly.

I agree with Ares though, I will buy whatever performs best for my budget at the time regardless of brand or said brand's ethics because all companies are corrupt anyway. However, if Intel were to pull something like this when I go to buy one of their CPUs, they would lose my business. Kind of like limiting overclocking to a select few overpriced CPUs...

Regardless, my i5 750 will last me for a good long time. However, if AMD somehow trounces Intel with BD, I'll probably get one for the novelty and to help even the playing field a little in my own way.

ares1214

Splendid
AMD is in a interesting position. They are starting to take the lead pretty easily in the GPU market, and yet are dwarfed by intel in the CPU market. When everything is "fusion" i wonder how that will turn out. Atleast AMD can fund the CPU part with GPU revenues, and vice versa. Nvidia cant, and Intel cant really either. I guess thats the one advantage.

ares1214

Splendid
WOW...those 3, in no particular order, are some of the stupidest things ive heard in atleast a month! :lol: Wait, them thinking making the dollar bills will jumpstart the economy takes 1st!
Fisher started the project in with the intent of "trying to find a catalyst to restart our economy" he told Fox News. The recent competition is now closed, and voting ends on September 30. "This has touched people's hearts," Fisher said, and "people feel the dollar touches their lives."

ares1214

Splendid
this one quote from the story is wrong in so many ways....

"Our great 'rival', the Euro, looks so spanky in comparison it seems the only clear way to revive this global recession is to rebrand and redesign,"
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: OMG :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Thats the stupidest thing a person can think?! " Hey! Your money is prettier than mine! Screw value, gimme!"

:lol:

There really is one born every minute. Give it another 2 years and you will be so pissed that you don't buy any more ares12. Of course, the next gen idiots will say what you are saying now. :lol:

You saying that you will end up with Sandy Bridge is all intel needs. You hate what they do, but you still buy their stuff. Pathetic.

Pretty much everyone applies to this. There is not one person apart from those who live in solitude and away from society that buy from a company that they despise and in most cases they know it.

I have given up trying not to buy from companies I don't like. Well all except Apple, but thats easy. I don't even have any of their software even if I need it for a codec I say screw em.

But even AMD, nVidia, IBM, Microsoft. they all do it. Most people don't rremember or notice but its when they pump prices up when they have the advantage over the competition. AMD did it during the K8 reign. Nvidia does it all the time. Microsoft does it. Every company does it.

it's the third dumbest thing I've read this week

second place
http://www.techspot.com/news/40303-activision-wants-to-sell-you-game-cut-scenes-for-20-to-30.html

first place
http://news.yahoo.com/s/huffpost/721294

I read that one about Activison/Blizzard. You need to remember that Blizzard is used to filling their Scrroge McDuck sized banks with a game. And this is the first time they have released a game since 2004 (WoW). Its the first time it was an actual game and not a gold mine. They will find new ways to do something with it to create more money. And the followers will pay. And they will fill a second Scrooge McDuck sized bank.

I do hope to God that they don't redesign the dollar. I like that its not 'fancy' like the others. In fact cutting George Washington for Obama would be a crime. Washington was one of the greates leaders of any, Obama not so much.

Plus I hate that colorful crap. Green all the way.

Slightly off topic, but we are talking about Washington ...

You know what I like most about Washington? After we won the Revolutionary War, we offered to make him king, and he turned the job down.

he turned down a lot things including the presidency, they wanted him to run for a third term and like you said offered him the position for life. Also offered him the title of his royal highness the president, turned that down.

Yep. I think he was amazed at the fact that Americans ran away from that kind of monoarchy and still wanted it. He knew it would only lead to the next UK.

I looked at the redesigns. I didn't mind a few with Washington but the Obama ones made me feel sick.

I looked at the redesigns. I didn't mind a few with Washington but the Obama ones made me feel sick.
Why? If I may be so bold, he is going to go down in history for at least one achievement regardless of whether he turns out to be a good, bad or indifferent President simply because he is and will always be the first black man to have got the job.

AMW1011

Distinguished
Why? If I may be so bold, he is going to go down in history for at least one achievement regardless of whether he turns out to be a good, bad or indifferent President simply because he is and will always be the first black man to have got the job.

Aren't you from the UK? Well unless you live in the US, you won't understand it. The amount of sleazy propaganda and BS that is piled against that man is incredible. Not saying I'm a huge fan or that I voted for him, or otherwise for that matter, but the ridiculous extent of people's ignorance when it comes to the real issues, and their naivety towards their propaganda filled "news", that I'm sure they hold as the only unbiased news source, is truly sickening.

Your major mistake is that when you came up with that post, you used your brain.

Edit: And for the record, its a terribly idea to replace the presidents. Change the colors, make it look colorful and happy, I don't care but don't get rid of our history.

If he does its as undeserved as the Nobel Peace Prize he got for doing absolutley nothing:

http://diversityinc.com/content/1757/article/1461/

http://www.dickgregory.com/dick/14_washington.html

He was not the first black president. In fact the first president, John Hanson, was black.

Back before the US was fully setup, Congress was the government and elected a man as 'president' every year.

Suffice to say, Obama was not the first 'black' president and does not deserve the honor of being on the 1 dollar bill to replace the great Washington.

AMW1011

Distinguished
If he does its as undeserved as the Nobel Peace Prize he got for doing absolutley nothing:

http://diversityinc.com/content/1757/article/1461/

http://www.dickgregory.com/dick/14_washington.html

He was not the first black president. In fact the first president, John Hanson, was black.

Back before the US was fully setup, Congress was the government and elected a man as 'president' every year.

Suffice to say, Obama was not the first 'black' president and does not deserve the honor of being on the 1 dollar bill to replace the great Washington.

That is a completely different case. The same government wasn't even in place.

ares1214

Splendid
AH CRAP! I left my Government Homework in the 90's... And yeah, I can think of about 40 presidents that deserve to be on currency more than him. Heck, even Taft does, atleast he would fill the page. People would likely not use the $1 bill anymore, or use it for toliet paper. Most people would say he should be on a wanted poster, not currency. Then FDR is one of them too! (20 guesses who mades these designs... :sarcastic: ) Most people think he was one of the best presidents, and in some ways he was good, and did good things. Yet he also did more than almost any other president to defy, alter, and ruin the constitution, and any precedents set before him.

ares1214

Splendid
Hey hey hey, i said "most people" not me! :lol: I think he is the ignorant one considering his approval rating is dropping like crazy and his is still trying to do what hes trying to do. Not necessarily that everything he does is wrong, but thats how people see it.

AMW1011

Distinguished
You think he is ignorant because he continues to do what he sees as best despite his approval rating? Maybe he realizes that his approval rating has little to do with his actions, but more to do with the propaganda war waged against him. If he changed course now, he would be criticized for it, if he sticks to his guns, he would be criticized for it, if he does what the people doing the criticizing wants, he will be criticized for it. Tell me, what are his options again?

BTW, his global approval rating is hanging above 60%. What do you think is different?

ares1214

Splendid
You think he is ignorant because he continues to do what he sees as best despite his approval rating? Maybe he realizes that his approval rating has little to do with his actions, but more to do with the propaganda war waged against him. If he changed course now, he would be criticized for it, if he sticks to his guns, he would be criticized for it, if he does what the people doing the criticizing wants, he will be criticized for it. Tell me, what are his options again?

BTW, his global approval rating is hanging above 60%. What do you think is different?

Hmmm, maybe do what IS best for this country, and stop doing what he deems is best? Capitalism? Stuff like that...He wouldnt be criticized if he was successful, whats hes doing is not successful, and therefore he is criticized. It isnt my problem what he does to up his approval rating. And global approval rating doesnt matter. They dont have to deal with his policies if they are bad, and they dont vote him in or out. :lol:

I can think of at least three more worthy
images1.jpg

images2.jpg

images4.jpg

Before he gets his
images3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.