Network printer

I have a HP LaserJet 3030 multi-function printer and Asus Wireless AP
WL-330g and have learnt that the wireless AP can turn the printer as a
wireless printer. Does anyone set it up successfuly and willing to share
with me?

Thanks,

Ray
2 answers Last reply
More about network printer

    I am using a Canon BJC 3000 with Asus WL500g. I think the procedure is the
    same with WL330g.
    First check whether your printer is supported by the print server function
    of Asus 330g. If yes then you can proceed.
    First connect your printer to the PC directly and install drivers. Then
    connect the printer to 330g using USB or Parallel cable.
    Install the software for 330g. There is a program for printer installation.
    It will take you through a TCP/IP port installation.
    I would recommend to set a static IP for your access point (330g). Let's say
    it is 10.0.0.89. You will install a new TCP/IP printer port addressed
    10.0.0.89 in Windows. It must be a standart TCP(IP port and in settings you
    must select LPR instead of RAW. You must enter to the windows below
    "LPRServer" (without the quotes). Then you will go to the printer properties
    and change the port to TCP/IP port.
    Now you are ready to print. But you will be disappointed. Because in the
    first try you won't be able to print. Right click on the printer and check
    "use printer online". That's all.

    "Ray" <NoSpam-ray282828@yahoo.com.hk>, haber iletisinde þunlarý
    yazdý:ezJZKa$wEHA.384@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
    >I have a HP LaserJet 3030 multi-function printer and Asus Wireless AP
    >WL-330g and have learnt that the wireless AP can turn the printer as a
    >wireless printer. Does anyone set it up successfuly and willing to share
    >with me?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Ray

    Many thanks for your information. I will give it a trial.

    Ray

    "TheSurgeon" <TheSurgeonB_SILIN_@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I am using a Canon BJC 3000 with Asus WL500g. I think the procedure is the
    >same with WL330g.
    > First check whether your printer is supported by the print server function
    > of Asus 330g. If yes then you can proceed.
    > First connect your printer to the PC directly and install drivers. Then
    > connect the printer to 330g using USB or Parallel cable.
    > Install the software for 330g. There is a program for printer
    > installation. It will take you through a TCP/IP port installation.
    > I would recommend to set a static IP for your access point (330g). Let's
    > say it is 10.0.0.89. You will install a new TCP/IP printer port addressed
    > 10.0.0.89 in Windows. It must be a standart TCP(IP port and in settings
    > you must select LPR instead of RAW. You must enter to the windows below
    > "LPRServer" (without the quotes). Then you will go to the printer
    > properties and change the port to TCP/IP port.
    > Now you are ready to print. But you will be disappointed. Because in the
    > first try you won't be able to print. Right click on the printer and check
    > "use printer online". That's all.
    >

    > "Ray" <NoSpam-ray282828@yahoo.com.hk>, haber iletisinde þunlarý
    > yazdý:ezJZKa$wEHA.384@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
    >>I have a HP LaserJet 3030 multi-function printer and Asus Wireless AP
    >>WL-330g and have learnt that the wireless AP can turn the printer as a
    >>wireless printer. Does anyone set it up successfuly and willing to share
    >>with me?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Ray

Wireless Network Printer Printers Wireless Networking