vbr and bitrate

Archived from groups: alt.video.dvd.software,rec.video.desktop,rec.video.dvd (More info?)

Usually I use CBR in Cinema Craft Encoder SP v2.5 to encode with bitrate set
to 7552k. The result mpeg2 works very well in DVD Workshop 2. But when I
use 1-pass VBR with bitrate average 6000k, min 0k, max 7552k, the mpeg2
always has nominal bitrate of 9800k and max around 8040k, which DVDWorkshop
doesn't like. I have tried 2-pass VBR but result the same. How can I control
the bitrate in VBR?

Archived from groups: alt.video.dvd.software,rec.video.desktop,rec.video.dvd (More info?)

Don't set the low and high so close together. Scenes with little action
accept lower bitrates, scenes with more action need higher bitrates. You
could probably get better results using a low of 4 or 5 and a high of 7 or 8
with Multi-pass VBR. Single pass VBR is essentially worthless. You would get
better results than single pass VBR by using single pass CBR with a setting
of 6. Along with the audio that would create a stream of around 7.5