How do I get from asx to set-top dvd?

I can download an asx version of a streaming video file. I want to burn
the video to a dvd that can be played in a regular (movie) dvd player.
What products/procedures do I need to accomplish this. I have the
computer with a Memorex DVD+/-RW Dual-X1 DVD drive.
2 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware

    There are a few steps to take before that puppy gets onto DVD

    FYI:

    Advanced Stream Redirector (ASX): When you use .asx files, you are directed
    to streaming media content, usually on multimedia Web sites. The .asx files
    are simple text files that contain server and media information. They are
    metafiles (a file that provides information about Windows Media files and
    their presentation) that are similar to Windows Media Redirector (.wvx)
    files.

    STEP 1

    Find out more about the streaming content by opening the ASX file in a text
    editor. When this is done, you will see the filenames of the actual
    streaming content (often with an .asf extension denoting an ASF file). You
    will find it leads to (likely) a wmv file.

    STEP 2

    Once you find out where the file is in step 1 download and save it to your
    computer.

    STEP 3

    Internet video is just that INTERNET video- which means its not made for TV.
    First off, the size of the video screen is smaller (usually 320 x 240 as
    opposed to TV size which is 720 x 480) and the quality is sometimes poor.

    Why do I say this? read on.

    The file you saved now needs to be converted to a compatible DVD file
    structure so it can be viewed on your television.

    I would recommend VSO's DivxToDVD since its FREE:
    http://www.vso-software.fr/download.htm

    Another is WinAVI Video Converter (watermarked trial)
    http://www.winavi.com/download.htm

    (There are more but they cost $$ email me if you're interested in the list)

    one downfall to this conversion is the original size of the video 320 x 240
    now expands into TV size (720 x 480) which means pixelation and lousy
    picture quality.

    --
    Brian Alves

    Listen to the new podcast
    for DV creators- The DV Show!
    http://www.thedvshow.com

    DMack <donmlewis@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I can download an asx version of a streaming video file. I want to burn
    > the video to a dvd that can be played in a regular (movie) dvd player.
    > What products/procedures do I need to accomplish this. I have the
    > computer with a Memorex DVD+/-RW Dual-X1 DVD drive.

    Brian, thanks for the information. The process doesn't sound difficult
    but if the picture quality is crummy then I think I'll try a different
    route, maybe just use a projector. Any way, thanks again.

    Don

Tuner Cards DVD Video Graphics