Looking for a MJPEG codec . ..

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

"Vince" <duster@duster.com> wrote in message news:N140e.14588$C47.579@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com...
> so I can import AVI's created in my Canon camera into VV. .
>
> Any suggesitons ??
>
> Thanks !

I had this same question a few months ago... Use VirtualDub (freeware)
to open the AVIs and save them to another AVI format.

"Vince" <duster@duster.com> wrote in message
> so I can import AVI's created in my Canon camera into VV. .
>
> Any suggesitons ??
>
> Thanks !

You might try, oh... google for 'mjpeg.exe' for example....

SamSez wrote:
> "Vince" <duster@duster.com> wrote in message
>> so I can import AVI's created in my Canon camera into VV. .
>>
>> Any suggesitons ??
>>
>> Thanks !
>>

> You might try, oh... google for 'mjpeg.exe' for example....

It won't necessarily work. I've got 2 different mjpeg codecs on my computer
and Vegas still refuses to load videos from my Canon digital camera :)
The suggestion to use VirtualDub was my workaround as well. Render it out
using the Huffyuv codec from
http://neuron2.net/www.math.berkeley.edu/benrg/huffyuv.html and it works
just fine.

Mike

"Mike Kujbida" <kujfam-misleadingspam@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> SamSez wrote:
>> "Vince" <duster@duster.com> wrote in message
>>> so I can import AVI's created in my Canon camera into VV. .
>>>
>>> Any suggesitons ??
>>>
>>> Thanks !
>>>

>> You might try, oh... google for 'mjpeg.exe' for example....
>

> It won't necessarily work. I've got 2 different mjpeg codecs on my
> computer
> and Vegas still refuses to load videos from my Canon digital camera :)
> The suggestion to use VirtualDub was my workaround as well. Render it out
> using the Huffyuv codec from
> http://neuron2.net/www.math.berkeley.edu/benrg/huffyuv.html and it works
> just fine.
>
> Mike

VDub is an essential must have tool, I like VDubMod myself.

There are also editor packages like Magix Movie Edit Pro 10
that can output (Export) in Mjpeg. It has a camera noise print
sample for the Canon ZR, also. It usually takes some effort to
get everything you want working, but it can do a whole lot for
only $50. It will even do Surround sound, HD, and widescreen.

Luck;
Ken

Jim

You need a DV codec for Virtual Dub to work with DV. I think
Panasonic and several others have free ones out there.
VDub works great with DV.

I use Scenealyzer to get the DV to the hard drive first though.

Jim

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 22:48:08 -0500, "Mike Kujbida"