Licensing Protocol Error

March 19, 2005 8:21:02 PM

I use XP Home and use Remote Desktop Connection to log onto a Windows 2000
server at my office. This has worked fine for almost a year. Last week I
started getting an error message stating that the session has ended because
of an error in the licensing protocol. The error appears almost immediately
with no visible logon attempt being made. We have attempted alternate IP
addresses with no success. I have not made any changes to security or
firewall settings. Suggestions?
---
Ann D
Anonymous
March 20, 2005 8:22:17 PM

AnnD wrote:
> I use XP Home and use Remote Desktop Connection to log onto a Windows
> 2000 server at my office. This has worked fine for almost a year.
> Last week I started getting an error message stating that the session
> has ended because of an error in the licensing protocol.

I should note that this is likely not a problem with your client computer,
but rather, the server you are connecting to.

--
Chris Priede (priede@panix.com)
!