Lost Internet connection

I am setting up RDP on my XP Pro PC. It is behind a Linksys WRT54G router. I
setup the PC for static IP, outside the router's DHCP range. I manually
entered the DNS and Gateway servers from the router's Status page.

Now I have no connection to the Internet. I cannot ping the router's public
address. Not surprisingly, I can RDP into the PC from other PCs behind the
router.

What am I missing?
2 answers Last reply
More about lost internet connection

    On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 15:57:01 -0800, "Bassman"
    <Bassman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >I am setting up RDP on my XP Pro PC. It is behind a Linksys WRT54G router. I
    >setup the PC for static IP, outside the router's DHCP range. I manually
    >entered the DNS and Gateway servers from the router's Status page.
    >
    >Now I have no connection to the Internet. I cannot ping the router's public
    >address. Not surprisingly, I can RDP into the PC from other PCs behind the
    >router.
    >
    >What am I missing?

    When entering the gateway address on your computer, be sure to use the
    router's local network address, not the gateway address listed on the
    status page.

    Bill

    Of course!! Thank you..

    "texas snowman" wrote:

    > On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 15:57:01 -0800, "Bassman"
    > <Bassman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > >I am setting up RDP on my XP Pro PC. It is behind a Linksys WRT54G router. I
    > >setup the PC for static IP, outside the router's DHCP range. I manually
    > >entered the DNS and Gateway servers from the router's Status page.
    > >
    > >Now I have no connection to the Internet. I cannot ping the router's public
    > >address. Not surprisingly, I can RDP into the PC from other PCs behind the
    > >router.
    > >
    > >What am I missing?
    >
    > When entering the gateway address on your computer, be sure to use the
    > router's local network address, not the gateway address listed on the
    > status page.
    >
    > Bill

Routers Internet Connection Windows XP