TCP/IP Protocol

Hi, All!

I have one doubt about tcp/ip: the tcp/ip protocol is supplied only by
microsoft or not? I question you about it, because when you install the
tcp/ip protocol in all windows OS the tcp/ip appears only for microsoft
manufacturer! Someone can help me?

Thanks in advance.
Paulo Eduardo.

These may help.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/en/advanced/help/default.asp?url=/windows2000/en/advanced/help/sag_TCPIP_add_standards.htm

http://www.rfc-editor.org/categories/rfc-standard.html

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Paulo Eduardo" wrote:
| Hi, All!
|
| I have one doubt about tcp/ip: the tcp/ip protocol is supplied only by
| microsoft or not? I question you about it, because when you install the
| tcp/ip protocol in all windows OS the tcp/ip appears only for microsoft
| manufacturer! Someone can help me?
|
| Thanks in advance.
| Paulo Eduardo.

Hi,
thanks for you response. I understood that exist one standard for tcp/ip
protocol. But, when you install a new network protocol(control
panel->network->add-> protocol) in all windows OS, the manufacturer for
tcp/ip always will be Microsoft? Am I right?
I ask this, because I am using the key in registry of windows for tcp/ip for
get the number of tcp/ip protocol installed in machine.

"Dave Patrick" wrote:

> These may help.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/en/advanced/help/default.asp?url=/windows2000/en/advanced/help/sag_TCPIP_add_standards.htm
>
> http://www.rfc-editor.org/categories/rfc-standard.html
>
> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "Paulo Eduardo" wrote:
> | Hi, All!
> |
> | I have one doubt about tcp/ip: the tcp/ip protocol is supplied only by
> | microsoft or not? I question you about it, because when you install the
> | tcp/ip protocol in all windows OS the tcp/ip appears only for microsoft
> | manufacturer! Someone can help me?
> |
> | Thanks in advance.
> | Paulo Eduardo.

I don't know where you're looking for "manufacturer"

--

"Paulo Eduardo" wrote:
| Hi,
| thanks for you response. I understood that exist one standard for tcp/ip
| protocol. But, when you install a new network protocol(control
| panel->network->add-> protocol) in all windows OS, the manufacturer for
| tcp/ip always will be Microsoft? Am I right?
| I ask this, because I am using the key in registry of windows for tcp/ip
for
| get the number of tcp/ip protocol installed in machine.

Sorry, I am looking for manufacturer in windows 95.

"Dave Patrick" wrote:

> I don't know where you're looking for "manufacturer"
>
> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "Paulo Eduardo" wrote:
> | Hi,
> | thanks for you response. I understood that exist one standard for tcp/ip
> | protocol. But, when you install a new network protocol(control
> | panel->network->add-> protocol) in all windows OS, the manufacturer for
> | tcp/ip always will be Microsoft? Am I right?
> | I ask this, because I am using the key in registry of windows for tcp/ip
> for
> | get the number of tcp/ip protocol installed in machine.

Try asking them here.

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.win95.networking&cat=en_US_fec9b83c-2e57-4a4a-95e1-7dcb334a0b27&lang=en&cr=US

--

"Paulo Eduardo" wrote:
| Sorry, I am looking for manufacturer in windows 95.

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 14:13:03 -0800, "Paulo Eduardo"
<PauloEduardo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Sorry, I am looking for manufacturer in windows 95.

I believe that just means who supplied that version of the winsock.
That is the layer between Windows and the TCP/IP world.

Before Win95, I used a winsoc from Trumpet.

, _
, | \ MKA: Steve Urbach
, | )erek No JUNK in my email please
, ____|_/ragonsclaw dragonsclawJUNK@JUNKmindspring.com