Wireless network Help!

Jared

Distinguished
May 1, 2004

Hi. I'm trying to set up a wireless network over three
computers. All three of the computers are connected
through the internet, through my computer. I have a
Linksys wireless router, and both of the other desktops
have wireless adapters in them already, but not mine (I
am not sure if I need one or not for a network). I have
tried many things to get the computers connected for file
sharing (which is all I really want, besides an internet
connection). I have tried setting up a new connection, a
wireless connection, a network. None of these work, or
maybe I'm just doing it wrong. Could someone please help
me with my problem? Thanks! -Jared

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 14:32:12 -0800, "Jared" <JP06035@cox.net> wrote:

>Hi. I'm trying to set up a wireless network over three
>computers. All three of the computers are connected
>through the internet, through my computer. I have a
>Linksys wireless router, and both of the other desktops
>have wireless adapters in them already, but not mine (I
>am not sure if I need one or not for a network). I have
>tried many things to get the computers connected for file
>sharing (which is all I really want, besides an internet
>connection). I have tried setting up a new connection, a
>wireless connection, a network. None of these work, or
>maybe I'm just doing it wrong. Could someone please help
>me with my problem? Thanks! -Jared
as long as your PC has (and is set up for) a Wired or Wireless TCP/IP
connection it should work. You need to bind file and printer sharing
(Microsoft networks) to TCP/IP.
, _
, | \ MKA: Steve Urbach
, | )erek No JUNK in my email please