Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Premiere 6.5 audio rubberband bugs arrghh

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
Anonymous
March 24, 2005 9:16:26 AM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

I'm pretty much finished editing a 1 1/2 hour segment in Premiere 6.5
on a PC. I have lost control of my audio!

Where audio tracks are faded down to 0 percent using the rubber band,
they can still be heard.

A fade out at the very end cannot be previewed or rendered at all.

ACTUALLY, I've just checked and all the audio levels are screwed. I
can't find a setting for this. I'm sure it worked earlier in the
session.

This had better be fixable !

Help,
Alex
Anonymous
March 24, 2005 9:35:17 AM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

Alex Bird wrote:

> This had better be fixable !

Restarted and it works again. Come on Adobe, so many bugs...
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
March 24, 2005 11:33:00 AM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

"John Thomas Smith" wrote ...
> For a specialty forum, read here
> http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@@.ee6b372

Mr. Smith keeps promoting this forum, but am I the only
one that finds it difficult to search/navigate and not used
very much?

I am comparing it to Usenet where we have a decent amount
of traffic (so that you have some good expectation that someone
will read your question who can make a useful response, and
where it is easy to search for text and see threads in their
logical organization.

Maybe I have unusual questions/issues, but I have NEVER
found a useful answer in the Adobe forums.
Anonymous
March 24, 2005 8:23:02 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

On Thu 24 Mar 2005 04:33:00p, "Richard Crowley"
<richard.7.crowley@intel.com> wrote:

> Mr. Smith keeps promoting this forum, but am I the only
> one that finds it difficult to search/navigate and not used
> very much?

Not just you. The forum is rubbish, but ol' Smithy just keeps touting it,
and then gets all defensive when someone moans at his repetition, claiming
that it might just help someone. Hell, I thought he was an auto responder
at one point.
Anonymous
March 24, 2005 11:19:12 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

Ha.. that's funny. I think he doesn;t know that there are many of us here
who have been using Premiere since V1.0
"Bob Stedenko" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
news:Xns9623B130FCA77nospamprivacynet@194.72.6.106...
> On Thu 24 Mar 2005 04:33:00p, "Richard Crowley"
> <richard.7.crowley@intel.com> wrote:
>
>> Mr. Smith keeps promoting this forum, but am I the only
>> one that finds it difficult to search/navigate and not used
>> very much?
>
> Not just you. The forum is rubbish, but ol' Smithy just keeps touting it,
> and then gets all defensive when someone moans at his repetition, claiming
> that it might just help someone. Hell, I thought he was an auto responder
> at one point.
Anonymous
March 25, 2005 1:50:49 AM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

Alex Bird wrote:
> Alex Bird wrote:
>
>
>>This had better be fixable !
>
>
> Restarted and it works again. Come on Adobe, so many bugs...

I guess it is a bug, Alex, but with 6.5 the audio fades can sometimes
become un-previewable after a while. Doesn't mean they're not working,
just that you can't preview them until you just get out of Premiere and
back in again. No biggie.

Gary Eickmeier
>
Anonymous
March 25, 2005 12:05:50 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

Peter Bennett (REMOVE) wrote:
> I have had this problem. Open Premiere. go to menu > Window Select
>audio
> mixer. (Sounds silly) but close it again. Then go to Menu >Timeline >
render
> audio and all should be OK. Seems to be a problem with the sound
mixer and
> the audio tracks if you have 2 or more separte sound tracks on the
time
> line.

Thanks Peter, I'll try that if it crops up again. Just relieved it
came back for now!

Alex
Anonymous
March 25, 2005 11:01:38 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

I have had this problem. Open Premiere. go to menu > Window Select >audio
mixer. (Sounds silly) but close it again. Then go to Menu >Timeline > render
audio and all should be OK. Seems to be a problem with the sound mixer and
the audio tracks if you have 2 or more separte sound tracks on the time
line.
cheers
"Alex Bird" <alex@redbeastie.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
news:1111673786.894942.139290@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> I'm pretty much finished editing a 1 1/2 hour segment in Premiere 6.5
> on a PC. I have lost control of my audio!
>
> Where audio tracks are faded down to 0 percent using the rubber band,
> they can still be heard.
>
> A fade out at the very end cannot be previewed or rendered at all.
>
> ACTUALLY, I've just checked and all the audio levels are screwed. I
> can't find a setting for this. I'm sure it worked earlier in the
> session.
>
> This had better be fixable !
>
> Help,
> Alex
>
Anonymous
March 26, 2005 6:08:03 AM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

Alex Bird wrote:

> Peter Bennett (REMOVE) wrote:
>
>>I have had this problem. Open Premiere. go to menu > Window Select
>>audio
>>mixer. (Sounds silly) but close it again. Then go to Menu >Timeline >
>
> render
>
>>audio and all should be OK. Seems to be a problem with the sound
>
> mixer and
>
>>the audio tracks if you have 2 or more separte sound tracks on the
>
> time
>
>>line.
>
>
> Thanks Peter, I'll try that if it crops up again. Just relieved it
> came back for now!

Just curious - why did you believe him and not me?

Gary Eickmeier
!