PVR-350 Pack Headers

David

I am capturing MPEG-2 video using a Hauppauge PVR-350 on a Linux
(RedHat FC3) server using IVTV. I have tried various options, but the
resulting Program Stream has alot of compatibility issues with several
Windows codecs. The captured files seam to be missing the PACK
headers. This prevents some but not all players from playing the file
at all. Many of the codecs also have difficulty interpretting the
timestamps accurately. I have upgraded the firmware with the version
that came on the support CD. This has solved some, but not all of the
incompatibilities.

Have other poeple experienced and (hopefully) solved these issues?

I'd appreciate any input.

Thanks,
David

David wrote:
> Have other poeple experienced and (hopefully) solved these issues?
>
> I'd appreciate any input.

No problems here with my PVR-250 running under Gentoo. I can edit and
play the recordings just fine on my Windows system. I use Windows Media
Player and VirtualDub-MPEG2 frequently. I've used others too and I
can't say I remember any having trouble opening the files.

--
-WD