AVI Editor

Someone please recommend a simple Windows editor for AVI files. Nothing
fancy, hopefully free. My computer is Windows 2000. I only have one file
from which I need to strip about 5 minutes. Thanks.

try Personal AVI Editor from www.flickerfree.com.

you could also use Windows movie maker.

or download a demo of Sony Vegas Movie studio 4.

any of the shareware download sites should have a number of video
editor software.

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 14:09:48 GMT, mcp6453 <mcp6453@earthlink.net>
wrote:

>Someone please recommend a simple Windows editor for AVI files. Nothing
>fancy, hopefully free. My computer is Windows 2000. I only have one file
>from which I need to strip about 5 minutes. Thanks.

Try: VirtualDub. www.virtualdub.org

If you do not like the somewhat rudimental layout, you can try a trial
version of Adobe's Premiere Elements. Also Ulead has some quite basic
video-editors of good quality. Have fun.

Funprice wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 14:09:48 GMT, mcp6453 <mcp6453@earthlink.net>
> wrote:
>

>>Someone please recommend a simple Windows editor for AVI files. Nothing
>>fancy, hopefully free. My computer is Windows 2000. I only have one file
>
>>from which I need to strip about 5 minutes. Thanks.
>
> Try: VirtualDub. www.virtualdub.org
>
> If you do not like the somewhat rudimental layout, you can try a trial
> version of Adobe's Premiere Elements. Also Ulead has some quite basic
> video-editors of good quality. Have fun.

I tried virtualdub, but I get an error saying that no audio decompressor
could be found, so while the video will play, there's no audio. The
video plays just find in Windows Media Player. I've read a lot about
this codec and that codec, but I cannot find the solution. Can someone
help me fix this problem, or should I go with another program?

marks542004@yahoo.com wrote:
> try Personal AVI Editor from www.flickerfree.com.
>
> you could also use Windows movie maker.
>
> or download a demo of Sony Vegas Movie studio 4.
>
> any of the shareware download sites should have a number of video
> editor software.

I can't get flickerfree.com to load. Are they gone?

Can't use WMM since the computer is Windows 2000.

Bunch of FREE .avi editors here including a copy of FadeToBlack
http://www.handyarchive.com/free/avi-editor/

--
Brian Alves

Listen to the new podcast
for DV creators- The DV Show!
http://www.thedvshow.com

The DV Show wrote:
> Bunch of FREE .avi editors here including a copy of FadeToBlack
> http://www.handyarchive.com/free/avi-editor/

I already have FadeToBlack, but I'm getting an error when I try to play
a particular AVI file. It says that I don't have the proper audio codec
installed, which Gspot lists as MPEG-1 Layer 1, yet the file will play
in Windows Media Player, so some codec is installed.

I'm having the same error with VirtualDub, so it must be a Windows
problem rather than an application problem. I've wasted most of the
afternoon trying to learn what the problem is and how to solve it. So
far I am not successful.

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 21:44:30 GMT, mcp6453 <mcp6453@earthlink.net>
wrote:

>I tried virtualdub, but I get an error saying that no audio decompressor
>could be found, so while the video will play, there's no audio.

That may mean the required codec is not installed. You can try testing
the clip with GSpot or Avicodec, which shall tell you the audio codec
used by the clip.