Using Remote Desktop Connection and Printers

Please help!

I have several users who access a box I have that runs Windows Server 2003
Standard edition. They access the box and its applications by running Remote
Desktop Connection. Some users can see their local printers, others cannot.
Could this be due to the version and service pack of XP they are running?
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
--
Todd S.

Todd S. wrote:
> Please help!
>
> I have several users who access a box I have that runs Windows Server
> 2003 Standard edition. They access the box and its applications by
> running Remote Desktop Connection. Some users can see their local
> printers, others cannot. Could this be due to the version and service
> pack of XP they are running? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

More likely due to the printer, and connection to same.

See http://www.workthin.com/tsp.htm

and
Printers That Use Ports That Do Not Begin With COM, LPT, or USB Are Not
Redirected in a Remote Desktop or Terminal Services Session
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;302361