Home Video DVDs with ROXIO????

I want to apologize in advance for the fact that this query is very
general. We have our first child on the way and we picked out the
Sony DCR-HC32 mini DV camcorder. It seemed to have the best picture
in it's price range and I have always trusted the Sony name.

I have a pentium IV 3.0 ghz comp with a gig of ram and big HD. I have
a firewire connection and a 16x DVD +/- RW. My goal is to transfer
what I record to DVD to send to family across the country.

I preordered Roxio 7.5 which should ship next week. I wanted to know
if anyone has video editing experience with Roxio 7.0. I believe the
program included in the Roxio suite is called Video Wave 7
professional.

Is this an efficient way to achieve my goal? Thanks for all of your
help.
BTW I welcome any other suggestions, should you find this product
unsuitable or unnecessary.

Brianr0131 wrote:

> I preordered Roxio 7.5 which should ship next week. I wanted to
> know if anyone has video editing experience with Roxio 7.0. I believe
> the program included in the Roxio suite is called Video Wave 7
> professional.

I guess you didn't read the reviews for VideoWave 7 on Amazon.com.

> BTW I welcome any other suggestions, should you find this product
> unsuitable or unnecessary.

Well, could you cancel? I like Sony's Vegas Movie Studio + DVD as
a low cost, fairly capable program.

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 02:27:50 -0600,
Brianr0131@aol-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (Brianr0131) wrote:

>I want to apologize in advance for the fact that this query is very
>general. We have our first child on the way and we picked out the
>Sony DCR-HC32 mini DV camcorder. It seemed to have the best picture
>in it's price range and I have always trusted the Sony name.
>
>I have a pentium IV 3.0 ghz comp with a gig of ram and big HD. I have
>a firewire connection and a 16x DVD +/- RW. My goal is to transfer
>what I record to DVD to send to family across the country.
>
>I preordered Roxio 7.5 which should ship next week. I wanted to know
>if anyone has video editing experience with Roxio 7.0. I believe the
>program included in the Roxio suite is called Video Wave 7
>professional.
>
>Is this an efficient way to achieve my goal? Thanks for all of your
>help.
>BTW I welcome any other suggestions, should you find this product
>unsuitable or unnecessary.

Like many others I hane found Roxio 7 great. However some have had
problems with it. See the support group,

http://boards.support.roxio.com/roxio?category.id=700

Thanks a lot for the replys guys. I did cancel my Roxio order and I
picked up Vegas Studio + DVD. I spent a little time with it over the
weekend and I am very happy about my purchase.

I didn't think to read reviews about the individual components in the
Roxio suite. I will remember to do so with future products. Thanks
for the insight.