unable to connect remotely via xp

March 25, 2005 12:21:05 PM

I have read some post without success. Running XP Pro on one desktop and XP
home on wireless. Using my comp. propertys and then tab remote i am only
allowed to send a request to let in a remote on both. It has been said that
there should be another option for allowing another user in. I am a novice
what am i missing.
Anonymous
March 25, 2005 2:32:05 PM

Only XP Pro can act as a Remote Desktop "host/server". XP Home can only act as a Remote Desktop
"client"... So, if you want to remotely access/control your XP Pro machine from the XP Home machine
look at this page...

http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/RemoteDesktop/Rem...

If you want to remotely access/control your XP Home machine from your XP Pro machine look at using
VNC (any flavor). Personally I like and use UltraVNC. Get the server, client, encryption plug-in and
XP video driver software from...

http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/

Other flavors of VNC...

http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/links.html

If you want or desire to use VNC over the public internet I suggest you run it through a VPN or SSH
tunnel.

http://www.onecomputerguy.com/networking/xp_vpn_server....
http://www.onecomputerguy.com/networking/xp_vpn.htm

http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/RemoteDesktop/SSH...