Map differs from the servers

Hi,

When I receive a message telling me that my map diifers from the servers,
what should I do?

Thanks,

David.
3 answers Last reply
More about differs servers

    "David" <no.spam@thisaddress.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > When I receive a message telling me that my map diifers from the servers,
    > what should I do?
    >
    > Thanks,

    You're probably playing a different version of the game. Pick a different
    server.

    Am Sun, 15 Aug 2004 06:15:28 GMT schrieb "David"
    <no.spam@thisaddress.com>:

    >When I receive a message telling me that my map diifers from the servers,
    >what should I do?

    Delete the relating Map File in you Steam Folder
    (in CZ it would be:

    C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\<youraccount>\condition
    zero\czero\maps

    You should find no original maps there (like cs_italy_cz) but all the
    custom maps you automatically downloaded from the servers. The
    original maps are in another Location. If a map there is called like
    an original one, either rename or delete it.

    No matter if your problem map is original or not, delete it and if
    needed, it will be downloaded the right way.

    Chris
    --
    Christian Prüfling
    http://www.ChristianPruefling.de/

    Christian Pruefling wrote:

    > Am Sun, 15 Aug 2004 06:15:28 GMT schrieb "David"
    > <no.spam@thisaddress.com>:
    >

    >>When I receive a message telling me that my map diifers from the servers,
    >>what should I do?
    >

    > Delete the relating Map File in you Steam Folder
    > (in CZ it would be:
    >
    > C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\<youraccount>\condition
    > zero\czero\maps
    >
    > You should find no original maps there (like cs_italy_cz) but all the
    > custom maps you automatically downloaded from the servers. The
    > original maps are in another Location. If a map there is called like
    > an original one, either rename or delete it.
    >
    > No matter if your problem map is original or not, delete it and if
    > needed, it will be downloaded the right way.
    >
    > Chris

    wouldn't he need to ensure that cl_allow_download is set to 1 too? Or
    cl_download_ingame or whatever it is.

Games Servers Video Games