Map differs from the servers

"David" <no.spam@thisaddress.com> wrote in message
news:4cDTc.6591$M8.6018@fe2.texas.rr.com...
> Hi,
>
> When I receive a message telling me that my map diifers from the servers,
> what should I do?
>
> Thanks,

You're probably playing a different version of the game. Pick a different
server.

Am Sun, 15 Aug 2004 06:15:28 GMT schrieb "David"
<no.spam@thisaddress.com>:

>When I receive a message telling me that my map diifers from the servers,
>what should I do?

Delete the relating Map File in you Steam Folder
(in CZ it would be:

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\<youraccount>\condition
zero\czero\maps

You should find no original maps there (like cs_italy_cz) but all the
custom maps you automatically downloaded from the servers. The
original maps are in another Location. If a map there is called like
an original one, either rename or delete it.

No matter if your problem map is original or not, delete it and if
needed, it will be downloaded the right way.

Chris
--
Christian Prüfling
http://www.ChristianPruefling.de/

Christian Pruefling wrote:

> Am Sun, 15 Aug 2004 06:15:28 GMT schrieb "David"
> <no.spam@thisaddress.com>:
>

>>When I receive a message telling me that my map diifers from the servers,
>>what should I do?
>

> Delete the relating Map File in you Steam Folder
> (in CZ it would be:
>
> C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\<youraccount>\condition
> zero\czero\maps
>
> You should find no original maps there (like cs_italy_cz) but all the
> custom maps you automatically downloaded from the servers. The
> original maps are in another Location. If a map there is called like
> an original one, either rename or delete it.
>
> No matter if your problem map is original or not, delete it and if
> needed, it will be downloaded the right way.
>
> Chris

wouldn't he need to ensure that cl_allow_download is set to 1 too? Or
cl_download_ingame or whatever it is.