  • Peripherals
  • Product
Last response: in Computer Peripherals
August 13, 2005 3:21:33 AM

My Sony DCSP10 has just packed in, and I'm looking the following two
cameras:

Canon Powershot Pro1
Nikon CoolPix 8700 8mp

Not fussed about Movies, but would like something that allows me to manually
set aperture size,
shutter speed, film ISO, focus, etc.

Both these two look good and are in my Budget - anyone offer any advice on
which to go for, or
any alternatives within the same price range?

Regards,

JH

More about : camera comparison

Anonymous
August 31, 2005 7:15:15 PM

The Canon EOS 350D does all that and is an extremely easy to use camera.

"Jeremiah Harbottle" <nikemc@nildram.REMOVE.co.THIS.uk.TEXT> wrote in
message news:-sidnRG47odtvWDfRVn_vQ@giganews.com...

> My Sony DCSP10 has just packed in, and I'm looking the following two
> cameras:
>
> Canon Powershot Pro1
> Nikon CoolPix 8700 8mp
>
> Not fussed about Movies, but would like something that allows me to
> manually set aperture size,
> shutter speed, film ISO, focus, etc.
>
> Both these two look good and are in my Budget - anyone offer any advice on
> which to go for, or
> any alternatives within the same price range?
>
> Regards,
>
> JH

September 7, 2005 3:22:34 PM

ScotsLucky wrote:
> "" wrote:
> > My Sony DCSP10 has just packed in, and I'm looking the
> > following two
> > cameras:
> >
> > Canon Powershot Pro1
> > Nikon CoolPix 8700 8mp
> >
> > Not fussed about Movies, but would like something that allows
> > me to manually
> > set aperture size,
> > shutter speed, film ISO, focus, etc.
> >
> > Both these two look good and are in my Budget - anyone offer
> > any advice on
> > which to go for, or
> > any alternatives within the same price range?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > JH
>
> check on www.dpreview.com and you can read any review, etc.. I own
> Fujifilm FinePix F810 with 1GB xd picture card with "M" on it --
> great camera with large pixel- 4048x3040 at 12M -- very faster from
> camera to PC via USB2.0 -- nice smaller with large LCD screen with
> normal and widescreen size.. have look on www.fujifilm.co.uk and see
> any camera you like -- it include webcam as well as you can use it in
> one camera easily

Find a used Panasonic Lumix FZ-3 - and be happy!

Jan
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 4:44:03 PM

On 07 Sep 2005, JMW wrote

> ScotsLucky wrote:
>> "" wrote:
>>> My Sony DCSP10 has just packed in, and I'm looking the
>>> following two
>>> cameras:
>>>
>>> Canon Powershot Pro1
>>> Nikon CoolPix 8700 8mp
>>>
>>> Not fussed about Movies, but would like something that allows
>>> me to manually
>>> set aperture size,
>>> shutter speed, film ISO, focus, etc.
>>>
>>> Both these two look good and are in my Budget - anyone offer
>>> any advice on
>>> which to go for, or
>>> any alternatives within the same price range?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> JH
>>
>> check on www.dpreview.com and you can read any review, etc.. I
>> own Fujifilm FinePix F810 with 1GB xd picture card with "M" on it
>> -- great camera with large pixel- 4048x3040 at 12M -- very
>> faster from camera to PC via USB2.0 -- nice smaller with large
>> LCD screen with normal and widescreen size.. have look on
>> www.fujifilm.co.uk and see any camera you like -- it include
>> webcam as well as you can use it in one camera easily
>>
> Find a used Panasonic Lumix FZ-3 - and be happy!

3 megapixel? Probably not, as he's looking to move up from 5mp to 8.

The 5-megapixel Panasonic Lumix FZ-20 -- 12X optical zoom, image
stabilisation -- is a marvellous camera that costs less than the
CoolPix, but is still "only" 5 megapixel.

--
Cheers,
Harvey