AC3 to Stereo conversion... uneven results

I'm trying to convert a DIVX file with AC3 audio to an SVCD with stereo
sound.

As usual, I uncompressed the 6-channel audio and turned it into a
single wav file.

However, the resulting audio has become very uneven. It seems like the
music and sound effects are at least three times as loud as the spoken
dialogue. I *think* the center channel must've been significantly
nerfed when the 6-channel audio was multiplexed into 2-channel stereo.

Any suggestion on how I should go about fixing this problem?

On a sunny day (27 Mar 2005 04:22:05 -0800) it happened opticreep@yahoo.com
wrote in <1111926125.188485.58600@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>:

>I'm trying to convert a DIVX file with AC3 audio to an SVCD with stereo
>sound.
>
>As usual, I uncompressed the 6-channel audio and turned it into a
>single wav file.
>
>However, the resulting audio has become very uneven. It seems like the
>music and sound effects are at least three times as loud as the spoken
>dialogue. I *think* the center channel must've been significantly
>nerfed when the 6-channel audio was multiplexed into 2-channel stereo.
>
>Any suggestion on how I should go about fixing this problem?
Dunno, goto 6 channel wave, use wave editor, combine as you like?