AV to DV Converters

mark

I'm thinking about buying a AV/DV converter to get some of my home movies
(currently on VHS tapes) into my computer for editing.

Any suggestions on brand and cost?

Mark

"Mark" wrote ...
> I'm thinking about buying a AV/DV converter to get some
> of my home movies (currently on VHS tapes) into my
> computer for editing.
>
> Any suggestions on brand and cost?

One of the most popular (because it is one of the most
reliable) is canopus ADVC-100 Street price $250-300
but superseded by new version ADVC-110.

Not sure what is the difference between ADVC-100 and
ADVC-110.

In article <loz1e.627$q3.31935@news7.onvoy.net>,
"Mark" <mark@nospam.org> writes:
> I'm thinking about buying a AV/DV converter to get some of my home movies
> (currently on VHS tapes) into my computer for editing.
>
> Any suggestions on brand and cost?

Canopus is a very good brand, and I prefer the ADVC300 as being
the best that I have seen. The other units also have good reviews.

John

I have a ADVC 100 - and I just love it. I guess the 110 and 300 are good
too.

/Ulf

--
Ulf Laursen

Richard Crowley wrote:

> "Mark" wrote ...
>
>> I'm thinking about buying a AV/DV converter to get some of my home
>> movies (currently on VHS tapes) into my computer for editing.
>>
>> Any suggestions on brand and cost?
>

> One of the most popular (because it is one of the most
> reliable) is canopus ADVC-100 Street price $250-300
> but superseded by new version ADVC-110.
>
> Not sure what is the difference between ADVC-100 and
> ADVC-110.

They removed the 'copyright protection removal' feature on the new 110.
Only difference that I can see. :)

-Richard